Single client gets no DHCP lease

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-30 11:35:04
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.20.0 Build 20200422 Rel. 70504

Hello,

Our setup (branch office):

3x EAP225-wall AP's

netgear 24+4 managed POE switch

ZTE router provided by ISP

Omada controller on windows

mixed clients, windows 10, and Android.

I first tested 1 AP stand alone and all clients connected well.

After firmware upgrades I added all 3 AP's to Omada controller and set a single dual radio network

No VLAN's yet.

One client, a lenovo A475 laptop on W10, no longer receives DHCP lease. All other clients connect fine. Wired connection directly to router also works fine.

These AP's are supposed to provide a secured guest network for VIP visitors, guaranteed internet access is vital for meetings, presentations and access to company sales portal. If one client fails, others may too. Setting static IP is not an option.

Please help me get this working.

Greetings,

Dreeze

Options
2 Reply
Re:Single client gets no DHCP lease
2020-11-03 09:13:26 - last edited 2020-11-03 09:28:51

Dear @Dreeze,

One client, a lenovo A475 laptop on W10, no longer receives DHCP lease. All other clients connect fine. Wired connection directly to router also works fine.

Please check which EAP the lenovo laptop is connected to, and confirm that the other clients work fine on that EAP's SSID.

If the other clients connected to the same EAP's SSID are able to obtain IP address from your DHCP server, the EAP should be working fine. As you may know, the EAP is just a wireless access point, which does work as a DHCP server to assign IP address for end clients.

For the issue that one client cannot get IP address from DHCP, you may verify if static IP works, if yes, it's suggested to check the DHCP server, ensure it's configured properly and ensure the DHCP address pool is sufficient for use.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Single client gets no DHCP lease
2020-11-03 12:33:57

@Fae 

First of all, I clearly stated that other clients function fine with the EAP's and that DHCP functions normally when wired. The problem only occurred when trying to connect through the EAP. Of course the router is the DHCP server but it was apparent that no DHCP traffic occurred through the wireless network between the router and this particular client. 

The issue has been solved! 

I mentioned no DHCP because it was the most apparent symptom. I soon found, however, that no traffic of any kind was possible.

The cause was that the Lenovo laptop was locked to support only WPA3 security, whilst the network was set to support only WPA and WPA2. I don't know why this was set on the Omada controller, it seems to be the default setting for any network we set up on it. 

Thank you for trying to help me!

kind regards,

Dreeze

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 2