Help - EAP235-Wall always showing orange busy status in GUI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 21:26:33

I have 3 access points and 2 of them look OK in the GUI. One is always giving an error appearance.

What is wrong with the EAP235-Wall? I checked and there is no nearby Wifi or Bluetooth but it shows heavy orange "Busy".

Please see the differences below from 2 good and 1 bad:

#1 of 3 - No problem with this one - EAP225-Wall - almost all wireless clients connected here

#2 of 3 - No problem with this one - EAP245 - some wireless clients

#3 of 3 - EAP235-Wall - is always looking bad, and has only a very low number of clients connected. Please help me understand what's wrong. Is this a hardware failure of the EAP itself? This started with default settings and Auto, BUT I tried also manual setting an unused channel and also low radio power on all AP,  which did not make a difference.

I have tried both original firmware 1.01 and latest 1.02 that just came out on Oct 30. Neither firmware makes a difference. Busy level floats up and down, never looks "good".

changes up and down over time

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Help - EAP235-Wall always showing orange busy status in GUI
2020-11-04 01:18:50 - last edited 2020-11-04 03:01:49

I have one update:

The EAP235-Wall has problems no matter what location.

I physically switched the positions of the two units EAP225-Wall and EAP235-Wall. The status is the same - the EAP235-Wall shows a problem.

The orange "busy" is still showing on the EAP235-Wall which is now in the position where the EAP225-Wall was working.

The EAP225-Wall is now working fine in the location where the EAP235-Wall was having problems. This means the trouble is not caused by an external source of interference that is causing the Busy state of the EAP235-Wall.

Maybe I should return the EAP235 as Defective. The 225 works much better. It's not just the GUI colors - it appears that many clients associate with the  225 no matter the location while almost none are on the 235.

Options
Re:Help - EAP235-Wall always showing orange busy status in GUI
2020-11-10 08:56:42

Dear @Will_M,

From the screenshots you provided, the two EAP225-Wall work on channel 1 and channel 6, EAP235-Wall works on channel 11.
It seems that channel 11 is busy, why not try changing to a cleaner channel for checking?
you may install WiFi analyzer or inSSIDer to detect the wifi signal around and select a relatively less crowded channel for use.
>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 786

Replies: 2

Related Articles