Force wireless device association to a specific AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-05 11:04:57 - last edited 2020-11-07 10:45:50
Model: OC200
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200703 Rel.59609

Hi,

I was looking to a way to force a specific device to always associate to a specific AP on my network.

I don't think this is an option today (and honestly I don't know if it's interesting for many others :) )

If you can think about this in future upgrades, it will make my life easier!

Thank you!

Marco

Options
1 Reply
Re:Force wireless device association to a specific AP
2020-11-12 11:21:24 - last edited 2020-11-23 09:30:31

Dear @MarcoCiani,

I was looking to a way to force a specific device to always associate to a specific AP on my network.

I don't think this is an option today (and honestly I don't know if it's interesting for many others :) )

I'm afraid that there is no such option on the Omada devices.

Edit: 

If you want to force the specific device to always connect to the same EAP, you may create a unique SSID for it.

And if the specific device supports, you can also try to hide the SSID after the device has been connected with the unique SSID.

New to the TP-Link Community? Getting Started from this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/551684
Options