Impossible to turn on Wi-Fi during schedule using hardware button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-06 07:23:46 - last edited 2020-11-06 07:58:01
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hello,

when I want to turn on Wi-Fi using long press "WPS/Wi-Fi On/Off" button during WiFi off schedule period, Wi-Fi starts and immediately shuts off again.

Sometimes it happens that wifi is needed even during schedule. Without wifi you can´t use Tether app. and if your PC is connected via modem to WAN port, you can´t access even settings. The only option to turn on WiFi is reconnect manually cable from WAN to LAN port, load settings on PC and tun off schedule. That's pretty complicated.

More routers can enable WiFi using  hardware button till next schedule event. Would be possible to do it same way with C6? Or is some other way to turn on wifi during schedule?

Thanks a lot.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Impossible to turn on Wi-Fi during schedule using hardware button-Solution
2020-11-06 07:57:45 - last edited 2020-11-06 07:58:01

@Vokai 

Hello, thanks for sharing your opinion with the current Wi-Fi Schedule feature on the Archer C6.

We agree there are cases that you may need to use Tether to login to the router to check or modify settings when the Wi-Fi is set to be off, while we don't think it is reasonable to allow one to re-enable the Wi-Fi by pressing the Wi-Fi on/off button, the purpose of the Wi-Fi Schedule feature is designed to turn on/off Wi-Fi at the scheduled time and it should be disabled until it should be on next schedule.

While we will pay attention to this kind of feedback and will take a look if we can re-design the feature in the foreseeable future.

Have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Impossible to turn on Wi-Fi during schedule using hardware button-Solution
2020-11-06 07:57:45 - last edited 2020-11-06 07:58:01

@Vokai 

Hello, thanks for sharing your opinion with the current Wi-Fi Schedule feature on the Archer C6.

We agree there are cases that you may need to use Tether to login to the router to check or modify settings when the Wi-Fi is set to be off, while we don't think it is reasonable to allow one to re-enable the Wi-Fi by pressing the Wi-Fi on/off button, the purpose of the Wi-Fi Schedule feature is designed to turn on/off Wi-Fi at the scheduled time and it should be disabled until it should be on next schedule.

While we will pay attention to this kind of feedback and will take a look if we can re-design the feature in the foreseeable future.

Have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Impossible to turn on Wi-Fi during schedule using hardware button
2020-11-06 08:53:50

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your explanation.

I'm surprised I thought priority activation of the wifi function by button is a normal function. For strictly disabling the access should serve the Parental control.

I'm using a wifi shutdown schedule during the night, in case i need access i´m out of luck. sad

Pity, but I would be pleased to make this feature available if possible. yes I hope more people would be happy with this function.

Have a nice day!

Options
Re:Impossible to turn on Wi-Fi during schedule using hardware button
2020-11-06 11:07:24

@Vokai 

Hello, thanks very much for your understanding. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 3

Related Articles