eap225v3 becomes unresponsive after joining cloud controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-07 14:20:11 - last edited 2020-11-09 01:13:59
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.20.1 Build 20200630 Rel. 41064(4555)

Hello,

I bought a EAP225v3 yesterday and installed it, whenever I try to sign up to the software based cloud controller the access point becomes completely unresponsive, I have to do a hard reset (7 seconds on the reset button) to make it work again, I can't access or interact with the access point at all until I have done the reset.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've tried three times now and it's very consistently breaking the access point.

Options
1 Reply
Re:eap225v3 becomes unresponsive after joining cloud controller
2020-11-12 09:30:54

Dear @Ykag,

I bought a EAP225v3 yesterday and installed it, whenever I try to sign up to the software based cloud controller the access point becomes completely unresponsive, I have to do a hard reset (7 seconds on the reset button) to make it work again, I can't access or interact with the access point at all until I have done the reset.

How many EAP225 do you have in total? Are you trying to configure some advanced functions with the software Controller?

What's the firmware version and controller version you are using?

Generally speaking, we can simply configure the EAP for basic functionality without the Omada Software/Hardware Controller.

But if you need to configure the network with some advanced features such as Mesh, Reboot Schedule, Fast Roaming, and so on. Omada Controller will be required. For more advanced features that require Omada Controller, you may read this FAQ:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2051/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 1