[Bug] Portal Landing Page: Original URL / Promotional URL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-08 02:39:06
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200703 Rel.59609

On Portal Landing Page, when "The Original URL" is selected, after successful login, it gets stuck on Success! Redirecting ( 0s )...

The Promotional URL, it only accepts top level domains. www.google.com is accepted but not www.google.com/ 
Meaning, if your URL is for example www.google.com/results, then it won't be accepted.

I was trying to create my own "Login success" page as "mywebsite/login-success" (format) as "The Original URL" is not working, but only to find out that my own page won't be accepted on the system...

I also noticed that I can only create 1 portal page. As with the old Omada Controller version, I can create multiple Portal Page for multiple SSIDs. Meaning, each SSID can have different portal. In this new Omada Controller, that's no longer possible.

Options
7 Reply
Re:[Bug] Portal Landing Page: Original URL / Promotional URL
2020-11-08 03:53:31

Dear @hashrack ,

The Controller V4.2.4 has been released which fixs the bug that the Promotion URL doesn't work with ""/"" format. 

Please check for the update from the official website below. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/omada-software-controller/#Controller_Software

The Omada Controller 4.1.5 only supports one portal per site, but Hotspot portal with different types(like voucher/local user) can be used for multiple SSIDs.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-11-08 10:59:05

Fae wrote

Dear @hashrack ,

The Controller V4.2.4 has been released which fixs the bug that the Promotion URL doesn't work with ""/"" format. 

Please check for the update from the official website below. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/omada-software-controller/#Controller_Software

The Omada Controller 4.1.5 only supports one portal per site, but Hotspot portal with different types(like voucher/local user) can be used for multiple SSIDs.

@Fae 

My OC200 still has Omada Controller 4.1.5. No update yet for OC200.

As for one portal for multiple SSIDs, I don't see a point when I should need multiple SSIDs for 1 or the same portal. If one portal works with vouchers and local users, why separate them with different SSIDs?

When I was using the old Omada Controller, I have a separate SSIDs for WiFi for Rent with it's own portal. Another SSIDs for the Senior Citizens at home, using different portal designed for specific local users. And from time to time, create another SSIDs with it's own portal design for WiFi promotions (xmas promo for example). 
With the current controller, that's no longer possible. Why would I create different SSIDs if all of them will use the same portal page?

The new omada controller looks more user friendly compared than the old one, but I find the old one more usable for my case/needs.

I'm actually planning to downgrade (again) but I'm hesitant coz when I tried it before, downgrading OC200 firmware, I ended up having to manually reset the EAP225-Outdoor since the old firmware no longer detects the AP. Manual login also doesn't work and the only way to reset it, is via the AP itself. Reset button is on the AP. Easy if AP is wall-mounted but if it's installed outside the house on 10 feet height, it's a hassle to remove the AP just to reset it.

Options
2020-11-12 09:10:28

Dear @hashrack,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Forgot to mention in my first reply that the PE has added a plan to create multiple Portal Page for multiple SSIDs in the future release (not available in V4.2.4 yet).

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-05-04 07:14:29

@Fae Hi, 

My OC200 is on the current firmware (4.3.5) and the issue is still there. It does not accept the " / " character on the promotional link. 

Any solution to this?

Best

Options
2021-05-07 09:13:45 - last edited 2021-05-11 01:34:46

Dear @Waqjira,

Waqjira wrote

My OC200 is on the current firmware (4.3.5) and the issue is still there. It does not accept the " / " character on the promotional link. 

Thank you for your valued feedback. I've reported this issue to the R&D team for further investigation.

I will update the case as soon as possible once there is a solution.

Update: the R&D team has addressed the problem and will fix it in the next version. Thank you again for your valued feedback!

Options
2021-07-01 08:52:08

@Fae Thanks for the update - do you know when this verison will be released (the latest as of yesterday still had the issue)?

Options
2021-07-01 11:00:07

Dear @Michael79,

Michael79 wrote

do you know when this verison will be released (the latest as of yesterday still had the issue)?

The Omada Software Controller v4.4.3 has been released, the firmware of OC200/OC300 with v4.4.3 bundled will be released later. Check here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1741

Replies: 7