EAP225 as a wifi extender for cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-08 05:51:37 - last edited 2020-11-09 00:09:16
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Greetings, I.m trying to extend my wifi signal to my property line so i can get signal to Arlo cameras.  the distance is nearly 200 yards.  Amazon reviews said the EAP225 would do it, so I bought it and installed it.  Its hardwired to my modem/router and i do have signal from it to my property line.  But I have to log into it separately to see it and thats not going to work with trying to get Arlo on board.  The Arlo base station is connected to my router and feeds through the wifi the router puts out.  How can i get the EAP225 to emulate my home wifi instead of acting like its own network?  I basically need to extend my home wifi two hundred yards.  I bought this because it is exterior rated and has a long range where f the other wifi extenders are very short range.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 as a wifi extender for cameras
2020-11-09 14:31:45

Welcome @Roger65,

You should be able to use basic roaming by configuring the EAP225-OD to use the same SSID, encryption (e.g. WPA2-PSK), and password as your home wifi system.  Use the EAP-225's web management interface (or the Omada App (iOS and Android / Stand Alone mode) to configure it.

Congrats on running Ethernet to it, and using the power injector!  I was afraid you were hoping to wirelessly MESH the 225-OD with your existing router/AP (which is not supported).

-Jonathan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 824

Replies: 1

Related Articles