EAP225 & EAP225 outdoor connected to Fritzbox

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-17 21:07:23 - last edited 2023-08-29 02:16:48
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all!

I would need some help regarding my home network.
To connect to the internet I got a Fritzbox router from my provider. As the coverage is not quite good, I also added 1x EAP225 outdoor (garden) and 3x EAP225 (indoor). Now I have a problem with my "smart home". When e.g. the doorbell rings, I only see it on my phone, if I am connected directly with the Wifi from the Fritzbox router. When I am in the garden, I am connected to the EAP225 outdoor and then I have somehow another IP and so I cant connect to my doorbell (or to other stuff from my "smart home").

My question is now: Does the EAP act like a DHCP server? If yes, can I deactivate it and let the Fritzbox router decide which IP should be used?

From the LAN all is fine. So each device connected to the LAN has access to doorbell,...

Any idea what can be changed? 

Do I need the Omada cloud SDN?

Thanks for your help!

br Andi

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP225 & EAP225 outdoor connected to Fritzbox-Solution
2023-08-28 08:11:19 - last edited 2023-08-29 02:16:48

Sry, I forgot to make an update here...

I checked it as it was written in the comments. Unfortunately, there were other issues, which are not related to the EAP. There was a mismatch done by the person who installed the e.g. door bell,...
After correcting the settings of the door bell,... all was working fine. So I havent done any changes regarding adapting IP addresses. The EAPs are working fine.

Thanks for your hints! I could narrow down and solve the error.

Thank you !!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP225 & EAP225 outdoor connected to Fritzbox
2023-07-18 06:54:44

@Andi_ 

Andi_ wrote

My question is now: Does the EAP act like a DHCP server? If yes, can I deactivate it and let the Fritzbox router decide which IP should be used?

From the LAN all is fine. So each device connected to the LAN has access to doorbell,...

EAP is not a DHCP server and also obtains the IP from the router. Set the DHCP Reservation on your router for EAPs.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:EAP225 & EAP225 outdoor connected to Fritzbox
2023-07-18 14:14:06

@Andi_ 

If you check your Fritzbox, you should see the DHCP reservations assigned to the APs AND your wifi clients.  Not sure why it would hand out IP's on separate subnets by default...but as above the AP is not capable of doing this on its own.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:EAP225 & EAP225 outdoor connected to Fritzbox-Solution
2023-08-28 08:11:19 - last edited 2023-08-29 02:16:48

Sry, I forgot to make an update here...

I checked it as it was written in the comments. Unfortunately, there were other issues, which are not related to the EAP. There was a mismatch done by the person who installed the e.g. door bell,...
After correcting the settings of the door bell,... all was working fine. So I havent done any changes regarding adapting IP addresses. The EAPs are working fine.

Thanks for your hints! I could narrow down and solve the error.

Thank you !!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 3

Related Articles