TL-R605 not visible in Dashboard and Speedtest loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-R605 not visible in Dashboard and Speedtest loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
56 Reply
Re:TL-R605 not visible in Dashboard and Speedtest loop
2021-04-12 03:20:25

@Fae I have had periodic turned on - now it seems to be failing. (have not rebooted the router yet)

Speed test from my "fiber router" completes. Also I see no traffic stats being reported by the router, just the switch & APs.

Options
2021-04-12 03:28:24

@EIBROG how long did it work for? 
since I switched isp, 5 days now, 0 problems occurred.

Options
2021-04-12 03:37:18 - last edited 2021-04-12 04:35:16

@syl3nt At least since I turned on the scheduled speed testing - but just noticed tonight after some web pages not loading properly (dns failures etc)

Also just had this happen. Will manually reboot and hopefully it sorts things out.

*** Update - Rebooted. What a complete redonks sequence of events. No internet after router reboot. Reboot Everything, no internet. Connect to fiber router, Internet. Login and verify I am still in the DMZ - all looks good. R605 "shows" internet and my external IP. Remove and re-add to DMZ and all seems good now, and my speed test also did pass.

Wish I could totally phase out this fiber box but it connects the home phone. (that's another battle for another day with the wife lol - would love to drop the phone and tv)

Options
2021-04-12 10:05:39

Dear @syl3nt,

syl3nt wrote

Oh, also.. if you could give us the option to select what server we want the speed test to take part, that way I won't be always limited to the automatically selected server that only goes up to 470 +- Mbps on my gigabit connection.

I think it would be pretty easy to implement since you just need to make it so we can edit the server id on the command sent, and we can consult the server id on this list "https://c.speedtest.net/speedtest-servers-static.php".

Running speed test on an embedded device is different from running on a PC or mobile device. At present, the built-in Speedtest program on Omada SDN Controller is offered by Ookla, we may not be able to add the option to select the server needed. But the developer team is trying to optimize it, anyway, thank you for your valued suggestion.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-12 19:20:41

@Fae I completely understand that. although even my orange pi can run the GitHub code from ookla with the "--server id" option..

the engineers will figure something out I am sure :)

Options
Re:TL-R605 not visible in Dashboard and Speedtest loop-Solution
2021-04-21 10:28:00 - last edited 2021-09-13 02:58:10

Hi All,

As a summary and update:

When we click "speed test" on the gateway to test the speed in Dashboard, what we see is just a simple loop animation, it doesn't mean the real process of speed test. As for the issue that the speed test in the dashboard displays general error and Internet Capacity and Gateway are still displayed as N/A, it has already been fixed on the Omada Controller v4.2.11 (check for the update here).

Below is quoted the detailed problem description, if you happen to suffer from the same issue, please ensure your controller is running with v4.2.11 or above first.

Setup: Omada_Controller_V4.2.11, ER605 (TL-R605)

When running the speed test, it goes to 240 and then it resets to 0, and starts again. It does that multiple times, resulting in a error:

It does display the correct speed results, but it does not update the "Gateway" and "Internet Capacity". Only displays the error.

What's more, if you have Omada Controller v4.2.11 or above, but the gateway info is always "N/A" and the speedtest always gives you an error (even with the periodic test enabled), you may check if it's the firewall in your network that blocks the connection, see more details from and after floor #48.

For any new feedback, please feel free to start a new thread to report it. Thank you!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options