Problems for EAP110 to get IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-20 15:08:22 - last edited 2020-11-20 15:10:25
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi.

I have a TP-Link Router model TD-W8970 Ver: 1.2 and an EAP110 (EU) Ver: 4.0 access point. Please note this is NOT an outdoor model.

I configured the EAP110 with Omada software without problems and immediately connected to the network with my cell phone. Then I disconnected it, moved it to where I needed it and made all the connections again. The wifi signal was excellent but after minutes of unsuccessful attempts my mobile phone was unable to connect to the network and kept saying it was waiting to get the IP address. I tried with the laptop and the connection was successful in a moment. After that I also connected my cell phone. It worked perfectly for days.

Today I needed to turn the EAP off, and when I tried to connect again to the net I had the same problems, even worse because not even the laptop was able to connect.

I left for lunch, came back after an hour and my cell phone got the line to the web in an instant.

Is it normal that it takes such a long time for the access point to gain access to the network? Or may there be some aspect of the configuration that is not quite correct? Because after connected it works perfectly. Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problems for EAP110 to get IP address
2020-11-25 08:53:49

Dear @Masera,

Is it normal that it takes such a long time for the access point to gain access to the network? Or may there be some aspect of the configuration that is not quite correct? Because after connected it works perfectly. Thanks.

Not quite sure what causes the problem.

You may check the current firmware version of your EAP110 v4 and upgrade the firmware if it's not up to date.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap110/#Firmware

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-04 16:52:43

@Fae 

Thankyou for answering. I updated but nothing changed. I still have my problems.
Please note :  With Firefox the update crashes after few seconds. It works with Chrome. I see that on the STATUS page of the Device it still shows the old firmware revision. Is it normal ? In any way many thanks.

Options
2020-12-07 06:26:36

Dear @Masera,

Thankyou for answering. I updated but nothing changed. I still have my problems.
Please note :  With Firefox the update crashes after few seconds. It works with Chrome. I see that on the STATUS page of the Device it still shows the old firmware revision.

Welcome. What's the current firmware version? Could you upload a screenshot of the STATUS page, please?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1279

Replies: 3

Related Articles