Diversificare EAP225 appartenenti alla stesso scenario

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-20 17:11:36
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.20.1

Under OC200 Omada controller 4.2.4, could EAP225 (indoor) and EAP225-Outdoor share the same SSID in visible and invisible mode, at the same time? Moreover, could different AP omit some SSIDs from the common pool managed by OC200 controller, at the same time?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Diversificare EAP225 appartenenti alla stesso scenario
2020-11-22 19:13:35

Hi @mazzaris,

The WLAN configuration defines all of the SSID's that will be advertised (or hidden) for all of the adopted EAP's within a site configuration.  Omada/SDN/OC0200 can be configured for multiple sites.   Each site can have it's own list of multiple SSID's configured within the WLAN configuration settings.

But the rub, is that each AP can only be adopted into one site.  But, you can create the same SSID, encryption, password in multiple sites so that separate groups of EAP's can offer SSID's in common (in addition to the not in common sets by Site).

Clients (STA's) can perform basic roaming across the same SSID configured in multiple sites, and Fast roaming within Sites.

-Jonathan

Options
2020-11-22 19:58:31

@JSchnee21 Thank you for your reply. I agree with you on the solution based on multiple scenarios, even though it requires more efforts and costs. SDN shows its limits; perhaps I’ll return to manage my network without Omada controller.

Options
2020-11-22 22:53:38

Hi @mazzaris,

That is also an option (no SDN/Omada/OC-200) with local manegement using the each EAP's web management interface.  I agree, it would be really nice to be able to limit which SSID's are advertised by which EAP's.  It's a common feature I see a lot of folks on the board asking for.

I could envision a situation where the SDN WLAN is configured to propagate all of the possible SSID's, but then on the config pages for each EAP, one could simply disable individual SSID's that you don't want that one EAP to broadcast for whatever reason.

-Jonathan

Options
2020-11-23 09:45:18

@JSchnee21 I have though the same, unfortunately, it's a bit complicated because when an AP has been adopted it is impossible to manage it separately without clean all configuration. I'm committed to block a specific SSID from general pool into a specific AP, so I'll try to block corespondent VLAN on traffic tagged toward that AP. I never made practice with VLAN managed on SDN architecture, I'll do it shortly; if it is not possible to fix specific network segment configuration, I think to use a managed intermediate switch, not include in Omada Controller SDN.

Options
2020-11-24 09:43:20
Anyway, the solution is in the FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/it/support/faq/2691/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 5