Force (or switch) client to a different AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-20 17:41:21
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

I'm new to the omada system, everything installed and really happy with it: 3x EAP660 HD, TL-SG2210MP switch and OC200 controller. All running the latest firmware available. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to force (or switch) a client to a different AP then the one it's connected with? My Ring doorbell picked the ap from the living room while there's an ap in the hallway wich should be far better to connect with..

Thanks in advance!

Stef

Options
1 Reply
Re:Force (or switch) client to a different AP
2020-11-23 09:29:24

Dear @SaMartens,

Does anyone know if it's possible to force (or switch) a client to a different AP then the one it's connected with? My Ring doorbell picked the ap from the living room while there's an ap in the hallway wich should be far better to connect with..

You may try to set RSSI Threshold in the EAP's configuration menu, which was discussed in this post

If you want to force the specific device to always connect to the same EAP, you may just create a unique SSID for it.

And if the specific device supports, you can also try to hide the SSID after the device has been connected with the unique SSID.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 4766

Replies: 1

Related Articles