T1600G, Windows NPS Radius, and AAA Authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-21 02:27:36
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How does one setup radius AAA authentication with TP-Link switches ? I can't seem to find attributes or commands anywhere to pass to the tp-link switches to authenticate my radius server. Radius server was confirmed working with event log and the radius packet is rejected at the switch.

Can someone please help me set this up ? 

Thank you in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:T1600G, Windows NPS Radius, and AAA Authentication
2020-11-26 11:44:36

Dear @Garet,

How does one setup radius AAA authentication with TP-Link switches ? I can't seem to find attributes or commands anywhere to pass to the tp-link switches to authenticate my radius server. Radius server was confirmed working with event log and the radius packet is rejected at the switch.

Here are the related configuration examples for your reference.

For AAA, https://www.tp-link.com/us/configuration-guides/configuring_aaa/?configurationId=18221

For 802.1X, https://www.tp-link.com/us/configuration-guides/configuring_802_1x/?configurationId=18220

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-11-28 01:15:07

@Fae I tried that same config. Switch always seems to reject the login no matter what I try. 

Options
2020-12-02 06:31:51 - last edited 2020-12-02 06:33:29

Dear @Garet,

I tried that same config. Switch always seems to reject the login no matter what I try. 

Could you please draw a network topology and provide a config file of the T1600 switch for checking?

What do you mean that the switch rejects the login? Could you please also provide screenshots of the error page?

In addition, what's the hardware and firmware version of the T1600G-52PS switch?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 3