All My Devices Show as Disconnected and I can't Figure Out How to Reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-27 23:49:30 - last edited 2020-12-01 01:01:11

Hi,

I recently installed the followed the following in my home network to get a bit more advanced:

EAP245V3

EAP225V3

TL-SG2008P v1.0

TL-SG2428P v1.0

Everything was found just fine and adopted into the Omada Controller running on my desktop (I don't have a OC200.  After a few days I unplugged the ethernet cord from my desktop to move a few things around and when I plugged back the Omada controller shows my EAPs and switchs as disconnected.  It isn't an issue with the ethernet cable or wiring as everything else connects to the internet/ network.  I can't seem to find any button to reconnect the disconnect EAPs or switches.  I couldn't find anything when i searched onlineor in the guides.

I am assuming there is some thing silly I am missing but I need some help.

Thanks,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:All My Devices Show as Disconnected and I can't Figure Out How to Reconnect-Solution
2020-11-30 19:43:20 - last edited 2020-12-01 01:01:11

It ended up being a firewall issue on the Windows computer running the controller   For some reason when I was rewiring and plugging stuff back in the network type changed to public versus private which blocks most things!

Thanks for the reply!

I ended up ordering a OC200 so I don't need to rely on my desktop going forward as the controller.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:All My Devices Show as Disconnected and I can't Figure Out How to Reconnect
2020-11-30 09:53:56

Dear @TheWookie,

Everything was found just fine and adopted into the Omada Controller running on my desktop (I don't have a OC200.  After a few days I unplugged the ethernet cord from my desktop to move a few things around and when I plugged back the Omada controller shows my EAPs and switchs as disconnected.  It isn't an issue with the ethernet cable or wiring as everything else connects to the internet/ network.  I can't seem to find any button to reconnect the disconnect EAPs or switches.  I couldn't find anything when i searched onlineor in the guides.

The devices showing as Disconnected from Omada Controller indicates that the Controller host cannot communicate with those devices.

For the case, please check the actual status of the EAPs and switches, confirm they are connected to the network and working fine.

You may find the IP address of the EAPs and switches from the DHCP Server (typically a router).

Ensure the desktop that has Omada Controller installed obtains IP address properly from the network.

And try to ping the IP address of the EAP/switch to check the connectivity between the EAP/Switch and Omada Controller.

Besides, please confirm whether you configured any advanced settings such as VLAN on the Omada Controller before.

For more detailed troubleshooting, you could refer to the link below.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2581/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:All My Devices Show as Disconnected and I can't Figure Out How to Reconnect-Solution
2020-11-30 19:43:20 - last edited 2020-12-01 01:01:11

It ended up being a firewall issue on the Windows computer running the controller   For some reason when I was rewiring and plugging stuff back in the network type changed to public versus private which blocks most things!

Thanks for the reply!

I ended up ordering a OC200 so I don't need to rely on my desktop going forward as the controller.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:All My Devices Show as Disconnected and I can't Figure Out How to Reconnect
2020-12-01 01:00:53

Dear @TheWookie,

Thank you for sharing the solution, it's very enlightening.

Glad that your concern was resolved finally. Hope you enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6377

Replies: 3