Toggle a wireless network on and off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-02 17:57:35
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is there a simple way in the controller GUI to toggle a particular network on and off? I have a guest WLAN set up as a VLAN and I don't need it to be available all the time. The config won't let me deselect both radios for a given SSID. I can delete the WLAN but then I have to set it up from scratch again when needed. Maybe I need to create an "always on" schedule and an "always off" schedule and just switch between those?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Toggle a wireless network on and off
2020-12-03 03:58:17

Dear @jp0469,

Is there a simple way in the controller GUI to toggle a particular network on and off? I have a guest WLAN set up as a VLAN and I don't need it to be available all the time.

Two possible options for you:

• Create a new WLAN Group based on the existing one but removes the guest SSID.

Go to Wireless Networks, create a new WLAN Group by checking Copy All SSIDs from the WLAN Group, then delete the guest SSID from the new WLAN Group. When you don't want the guest SSID to work, apply the created WLAN Group to the EAPs separately or in batch ( Go to Devices to select the EAPs, change the WLAN Group under Config > WLANs in the Properties window).

• Enable WLAN Schedule on the guest SSID to turn on or off the radio in the desired time period.

Go to Settings > Profiles >Time Range to create a Time Range which you want the guest SSID to turn off first.

Go to Wireless Networks, edit the guest SSID and configure WLAN Schedule based on your actual demands.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-03 12:31:41

@jp0469 Apparently not, I have been searching as well. And what I did I made a Time Range profile 24/7.
And used in the Wireless Network:

It is off by default. And if I want to enable the SSID, I just disable the WLAN Schedule....

But it would sure help if there was an easier way....

Options
2020-12-03 13:47:37

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping that there was a setting somewhere that I was missing but I can live with the schedule workaround for now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 3