TL-ER6120 V3 - Policy Routing - Mode priority not working as it should

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-04 02:13:50 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:34:40
Model: TL-ER6120  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.2 Build 20200313 Rel.47458

We have multiple WAN ports. When I try to create a few Policy Routing rules, with Mode = Priority, it's not working as it should. Sometimes it's jumping from one to another wan port. Even if both ports are online, and only one port are configured for this rule. As I understand, I should have access only for one specifit wan port which is configured for this rule? Isn't it? When I set Mode = Only. It's working well. But now if my configured WAN port will be offline, the rule will turn off at all whole route?

Please explain me anyone. Is it ok? Or maybe, I misunderstand something?

Another question, If I have 4 WAN ports active, how to set only one main port through which all traffic must travel? Of course only if this port is alive-online.

Thanks for any help.

Options
1 Reply
Re: TL-ER6120 V3 - Policy Routing - Mode priority not working as it should
2020-12-04 10:37:59 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:34:40

Dear @Vitalijus,

Sometimes it's jumping from one to another wan port. Even if both ports are online, and only one port are configured for this rule. As I understand, I should have access only for one specifit wan port which is configured for this rule? Isn't it? When I set Mode = Only. It's working well. But now if my configured WAN port will be offline, the rule will turn off at all whole route?

In Priority Mode, the rule depends on the online detection result. If all the WANs that you specify are offline, the rule won't take effect.

In Only Mode, the rule always takes effect regardless of the WAN port status or online detection result.

You may configure the Online Detection for the specified WAN ports as Manual mode, and ensure the Load Balance is enabled globally.

If I have 4 WAN ports active, how to set only one main port through which all traffic must travel? Of course only if this port is alive-online.

Sorry that I'm not sure if I understand your question.

Are you trying to make all traffic go through one specific WAN port and the other WANs as backup WANs?

If yes, you could configure the Link Backup function with Failover mode.

Note that the Backup WANs will be online only when the Primary WAN is offline.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 1