EAP110 packet loss and roaming question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-06 17:10:55
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

We bought 6 EAP110 (indoor) for our company. I configured them with a single SSID via the Omada Software controller (on my computer - so it's offline most of the time).

We have lot of connectivity problems. For example, sometimes I have packet loss when I ping the router or I have high latency.

I just read that this EAP doesn't support 'seamless roaming' so it's possible that clients are connecting on the 'wrong' AP? Should I use a different SSID for each AP?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP110 packet loss and roaming question
2020-12-08 11:27:35

Dear @nanonus,

We bought 6 EAP110 (indoor) for our company. I configured them with a single SSID via the Omada Software controller (on my computer - so it's offline most of the time).

We have lot of connectivity problems. For example, sometimes I have packet loss when I ping the router or I have high latency.

I just read that this EAP doesn't support 'seamless roaming' so it's possible that clients are connecting on the 'wrong' AP? Should I use a different SSID for each AP?

Do you have lots of wireless clients in your company network?

The EAP110 only works on 2.4GHz, it could be easier to get a high latency on 2.4GHz when the channel is crowded with many clients. 

You may refer to the guide below to try reducing the wireless interference. If it's possible, you could also use different SSIDs for checking.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2511/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 804

Replies: 1