Router Mode, Disable NAT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router Mode, Disable NAT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router Mode, Disable NAT
Router Mode, Disable NAT
2020-12-07 15:34:07 - last edited 2020-12-07 19:10:21
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 20191223 rel 73956(5553)

Hello everyone!

I just bought this great router, It is my first REAL WIFI router and I'm marveled with the speeds, coverage, and constant throughput.

In my network, I have a Raspberry (RPi) with two NIC's, that works as a Firewall-DNS filter (PiHole) and it use to be the main router.

When I use the C5400X as an access point, all network traffic can be forwarded to the RPi and I can use all the goodies for what it was planned for, like managing client's IPs, filtering inappropriate sites per IP or group, DHCP, among others.

Changing the C5400X to its original settings, as router-access point, there are features nice-to-have (like QoS).  However, doing so, the RPi has to be in the internet port and will receive all network traffic from a single IP.

Is it possible to disable NAT while using the router as such?

Thanks for the help

Edward.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router Mode, Disable NAT-Solution
2020-12-07 17:51:25 - last edited 2020-12-07 19:10:21

@EddieFiVE 

If you are concert about the double NAT in this scenario you can try to find the NAT option switch in:

Advanced=>System Tools=>System Parameters

The settings if it is present in C5400X WebGUI should be near the end of that page.

I've never seen the C5400X WebGUI, but if the NAT option is implemented, it should look like this:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router Mode, Disable NAT-Solution
2020-12-07 17:51:25 - last edited 2020-12-07 19:10:21

@EddieFiVE 

If you are concert about the double NAT in this scenario you can try to find the NAT option switch in:

Advanced=>System Tools=>System Parameters

The settings if it is present in C5400X WebGUI should be near the end of that page.

I've never seen the C5400X WebGUI, but if the NAT option is implemented, it should look like this:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Router Mode, Disable NAT
2020-12-07 19:10:16

@Ivaylo 

Thanks!

That did the trick, FW is getting original IP's

Now I'll have to break my head with the networks and subnets to accomplish what I am trying to do.

Stay safe

Edward

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1018

Replies: 2

Related Articles