DHCP reservation for Omada EAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 09:53:37 - last edited 2022-01-13 01:34:59
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

Our cafe runs on Omada-only equipment (TL-R605 Omada router, 4x EAP225 AP, OC200 controller). Everything works great.

Just one question : is it possible to set the IP of the 4 access point via DHCP reservation (they don't appear in the "connected devices" panel, so I cannot do it there, as I did for the other equipments - the OC200, the PiHole, the NVR & cameras are all through DHCP reservation).

Thanks,

PapyPom

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DHCP reservation for Omada EAP-Solution
2022-01-07 08:12:59 - last edited 2022-01-21 07:46:24

@PapyPom I cannot believe no one has come up with an answer yet.  To set a fixed IP address for your access point, you have to do it from the devices tab on the Omada Cloud Controller portal:

Step One:

Step two:

Step Three:

Reboot your access point from the control panel, and you should have a fixed IP address for each access point.

Please upvote this answer if useful for you.

Andres Salgado

wifiexpert.pro (https://wifiexpert.pro)

Andres Salgado WiFiExpert.pro 25 years experience with all things WiFi.
Recommended Solution
Options
46 Reply
Re:DHCP reservation for Omada EAP
2020-12-10 10:15:31 - last edited 2022-01-13 01:51:40

Dear @PapyPom,

Just one question : is it possible to set the IP of the 4 access point via DHCP reservation (they don't appear in the "connected devices" panel, so I cannot do it there, as I did for the other equipments - the OC200, the PiHole, the NVR & cameras are all through DHCP reservation).

I'm afraid that there is no option to do DHCP reservation for the EAP.

Edit: DHCP Reservation for Devices has been added on Omada Controller v5.0 and above.

If it helps, you can go to Devices -> click on the specific EAP -> Config -> IP Settings to manually set a Static IP for the EAP instead.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-12 15:20:13 - last edited 2020-12-12 15:20:59

@Fae  is this just "not yet implemented", or will the DHCP-Reservation never be a part of the Omada interface? I find it astonishing that it's available on TL-R605 interface directly, but once you configure via OC200, that option is just not there and you can't go back to configuring TL-R650 directly anymore...

Options
2020-12-14 01:40:02 - last edited 2022-01-13 01:52:50

Dear @Zedan_ises,

is this just "not yet implemented", or will the DHCP-Reservation never be a part of the Omada interface?

The TL-R605 in Controller mode doesn't support the DHCP Reservation for Omada EAP for the time being.

I've forwarded this to the developer team for further evaluation. Hoping it be added in the near future.

Edit: DHCP Reservation for Devices (EAP) has been added on Omada Controller v5.0 and above.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-22 21:58:50 - last edited 2021-01-25 14:23:52

@Fae 
Please add address reservation. This is basic Router functionality and must be present. 

This is already available, thanks for for Info:
Note: go to Clients -> click the connected IP cam and locate to Config to configure Use Fixed IP Address

Please also review Adopting process because it doing nothing and raising issues.
I pre-configure TL-R605 as standalone with 192.168.8.1 ip address (I used 192.168.8.1 to have less work after swtiching original router) and expected that Cloud will be smart enought to reuse parameters: LAN Settings, DHCP static IP addresses, Virtal Servers/Port forwaring, etc, but during adoptation instead of using existing parameters Cloud applied default LAN address and used nothing so I was forced to change lan address manually in Cloud and restore overwritten parameters from Backup file. After doing this I got it working finally as expected but I was really surprised that only small part of Router parameters is available in Cloud, its kind of incomplete.

Options
2021-01-22 22:14:59

@Fae 

Would be very interested in this.   I just bought a new TP-Link stack for my IP security camera setup and IP reservations are vital to keeping my 18 camera's straight with my DVR.  Please Let me know if there is a feature request board and I will fill out a form if needed.  As others have said this is a common function for this class of router with DHCP services.

Options
2021-01-25 06:15:19 - last edited 2022-01-13 01:58:41

Dear @js_online,

Please add address reservation. This is basic Router functionality and must be present.

Thank you for your valued suggestion. I've reported this to the developer team for further evaluation, there is a plan to support DHCP Reservation for Omada EAP/Switch in the future (perhaps on the Omada Controller v5.0 or later version).

Edit: DHCP Reservation for Devices has been added on Omada Controller v5.0 and above.

Please also review Adopting process because it doing nothing and raising issues.

Sorry for any trouble caused during the adopting process, I've also reported this to the developer team, they may optimize it (perhaps on the Omada Controller v5.0 or later version) by supporting VLAN Interface config before adopting the Omada gateway.

Edit: This has been optimized on Omada Controller v4.4.3 and above, which allows modifying the LAN IP before adopting the Omada Gateway.

In addition, the TP-Link team has made a FAQ to help our customers to add the Omada Gateway to the network.

【FAQs Released】How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?

Thank you for your support and trust on TP-Link products. Cheers!

Options
2021-01-25 06:23:11 - last edited 2022-01-13 02:03:09

Dear @Parr_IT,

I just bought a new TP-Link stack for my IP security camera setup and IP reservations are vital to keeping my 18 camera's straight with my DVR.

To reserve IP addresses for your IP cameras, go to Clients -> click the connected IP cam and locate to Config to configure Use Fixed IP Address

Options
2021-01-25 10:47:22
Options
2021-01-25 12:49:56 - last edited 2021-01-25 12:51:46

@Fae 
Thanks for sharing screenshot with IP address reservation, will test it today.
I was expecting separate screen for this like in Standalone mode and did not find from the first look.

Options
2021-02-04 10:15:08

HI @PapyPom

I'm still looking for the same issue. Before adopting My tl-R605 the availability of DHCP Address reservation was present on GUI of the gateway.

After adopting it on Omada OC200 (latest fw&sw version) I'm unable to find this option

The only way is to set manually the Ip for those peripherals for which I need this method, btw is not a best solution.

I'm still waithing for a new upg of Omada SND in order to improvw this funtion already present on tl-r605 on stand-alone config

Best regards

Matteo

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 14781

Replies: 46

Related Articles