EAP225 repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP225 repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP225 repeater
EAP225 repeater
2020-12-09 01:31:11 - last edited 2020-12-09 02:51:04
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0

Hi , I'm looking for a solution for a repeater on Omada I could manage from the same place. Looking for a solution that I could just put on the power outlet without any network wire. I noticed there is a mesh option on the controller. 

I'm a network administrator by the way:-)

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 repeater
2020-12-09 07:13:59

Dear @FabienC,

Hi , I'm looking for a solution for a repeater on Omada I could manage from the same place. Looking for a solution that I could just put on the power outlet without any network wire. I noticed there is a mesh option on the controller. 

The Omada EAP is just a wireless access point which can transfer the wired network into a wireless network. However, the EAP Mesh feature can help to deploy the network wirelessly when a cable connection to the EAP is impossible.

To set up a EAP mesh network, you may need to pay attention to the following things.

• The Omada EAP needs to support the Mesh feature.
  • The root EAP needs to be hardwired to the existing network via Ethernet cable.
  • You need to install the Omada Software Controller or purchase the OC200/OC300 to configure and use the Mesh network.

Note: So far, only EAP265 HD, EAP245 V3, EAP225-Outdoor and EAP 225 v3 with specific firmware are available for Mesh.

To learn more about the EAP Mesh network, you may read this FAQ, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2283/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1183

Replies: 1

Related Articles