APs working but EAP Controller showing as disconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 20:15:33
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ?

I have a windows 10 machine running the controller and they keep getting disconnected?

How do I fix this?

EAP V3 225 

Controller 3.2.10

I don't understand any of the conversation about opening ports and I definitely did not need to do that in the past when it was working.

I looked at "Allow an app through firewall" but did not see anything labelled EAP or Omada or TP-Link

Options
2 Reply
Re:APs working but EAP Controller showing as disconnected
2020-12-11 11:45:25

Dear @jcwillia1,

I have a windows 10 machine running the controller and they keep getting disconnected?

How do I fix this?

EAP V3 225 

Controller 3.2.10

I don't understand any of the conversation about opening ports and I definitely did not need to do that in the past when it was working.

I looked at "Allow an app through firewall" but did not see anything labelled EAP or Omada or TP-Link

How many EAPs do you have in total? Are they all EAP225 V3 and do they all show as Disconnected from the Controller?

If necessary, you may reset the EAPs and uninstall the Omada Controller without retaining data, reconfigure them for checking.

For Windows PC, you may go to Windows Firewall -> Allowed Programs to check if there is Omada Controller or EAP Discover.

And they should be allowed for your Private/Public Network.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:APs working but EAP Controller showing as disconnected
2020-12-11 13:41:06

@Fae I don't have either of those entries in my firewall options.

To answer your Q, I have 3.

I am growing exasperated with the amount of maintenance these things require.  Thinking about getting something geared for the home user.

Options