EAP Controller Portal not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-11 14:04:35
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.7.0

I am running the EAP Controller on a Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10. Using an EAP-225 Outdoor Unit. With installation I did create an SSID and its working.

If I create a second SSID and use any portal authentication the device (e.g.: mobile phone) does connect to the SSID, it says "sign in to network" but then I get:

"Web page not available"

The page at 

http://0.0.0.0:8088/portal/entry?

cid=04:F1:28:21:EB:FE&AP=84:D8:1B:C7:23:86

could not be loaded because:

net :: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Is the lenovo refusing the connection or the controller?

Thanks

Danie

danieburger@gmail.com

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP Controller Portal not working
2020-12-14 06:21:17

Dear @danie,

If I create a second SSID and use any portal authentication the device (e.g.: mobile phone) does connect to the SSID, it says "sign in to network" but then I get:

"Web page not available"

The page at 

http://0.0.0.0:8088/portal/entry?

cid=04:F1:28:21:EB:FE&AP=84:D8:1B:C7:23:86

could not be loaded because:

net :: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

After you connect to the second SSID on your mobile phone, what IP address is obtained on the mobile phone?

Are you able to ping the IP address from your Lenovo PC? Did you configure other settings like wireless VLAN for the second SSID?

If necessary, you may delete the second SSID and re-config it for Portal authentication for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-15 11:16:21

Thanks for the reply,

Im still learning the controller software.

My setup:

Installed the software now on a desktop pc

The PC is connected to a TP-MR100 (connected to my internet)

The EAP-225 Outdoor isc connected to the TP-MR100

I created now SSID 1 (when you install the software). Can connect to the internet and ping the PC after I turned on "file and printer sharing"

I created a second SSID. an connect to the internet and ping the PC.

I create a portal with no authentication then i get the 'web page not availible" and can not ping the PC.

I then edited both SSID's "Wireless vlan ID" to 1, then all the devices connectingto both SSIS's just stay on "obtaining IP address "

can you please explain the vlan setting

thanks

Danie

Options
2020-12-18 08:17:11

Hi

Using Controller V4.2.4, now the portal is working.

Thanks

Danie

Options
2020-12-18 10:06:19

Dear @danie,

Using Controller V4.2.4, now the portal is working.

Thank you for updating the solution. Glad to know that your concern was resolved. Have fun with the Internet.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options