TL-R600VPN different version?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-11 19:17:22 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:27:50
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I'm looking for an option to have some kind of fail over with my two WANs. Right now when one fails I just switch to the other one manually. However found that the TL-R600VPN can do it for myself. My question is this. Looking at amazon found this one:

Was looking in the second market to see if there was one cheaper since usually this kind of hardware is very reliable and found one with the very same model number, but it doesn't say wan/lan

So my best guess is that this is an earlier version that doesn't support multi WAN, but since the model is the same perhaps it is something that can be done via firmware update?

Hope somebody has some clue since the price is almost half from a new one, thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-R600VPN different version?
2020-12-12 03:04:08 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:27:50

@jfcastro 

When I was looking to purchase earlier this year, I saw the same price difference at Amazon and noticed the same difference on other sites. Other site's reviews on the less expensive models indicated that the hardware version was not v.4. No one confirmed version on the other sites and I wasn't in the mood to buy/return, so I went to Amazon and purchased theirs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007B60SCG

This one was HW v.4 and works well with one WAN. Am planning on configuring second WAN this weekend or soon as I want to work with it to make sure I understand how everything works before business opens.

Options
Re:TL-R600VPN different version?
2020-12-14 13:40:40 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:27:50

Dear @jfcastro,

So my best guess is that this is an earlier version that doesn't support multi WAN, but since the model is the same perhaps it is something that can be done via firmware update?

Nope, the earlier version TL-R600VPN V1/V2/V3 doesn't support multi WAN, neither can it be done via firmware update. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 2

Related Articles