Omada controller forget ap

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-12 20:17:31
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.7.0 build 20200113 rel 38287

Hello all,

I have 3 EAP225 connected to Omada controller software.

I need , omada, to forget 2 of the aps, but i dont want them to lost the configuration they have ( sid, password etc) as I work remote and cannot configure them. 

The aps now are Isolated as they are plugged to another network.

Is that possible? Can I delete them from omada and retain their configuration. I dont want to reset them.

Thank you in advance,

Gerasimos

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada controller forget ap
2020-12-14 08:43:40

Dear @Gerasimos,

I need , omada, to forget 2 of the aps, but i dont want them to lost the configuration they have ( sid, password etc) as I work remote and cannot configure them. 

The aps now are Isolated as they are plugged to another network.

Is that possible? Can I delete them from omada and retain their configuration. I dont want to reset them.

Since the APs now are Isolated, they are not managed by your Omada Controller anymore, it won't reset them if you delete these Isolated APs from your Omada Controller by the option of Forget AP.

So you could delete the isolated APs from Omada Controller and the isolated APs will still retain the basic configuration, while some advanced features which need the controller to keep running (refer to this guide for more details) won't take effect anymore.

In addition, if you want to modify some settings for those APs in the future, a factory reset will be needed so that you can manage and configure them again.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2278

Replies: 1

Related Articles