EAP245 gets isolated multiple times per day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-14 21:31:10
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.21.0 Build 20200522 Rel. 49688

I have 3 EAP245s, one on each floor. My basement and 2nd floor APs are solid. My 1st floor AP gets isolated 5-10 times per day, and each time it happens it disrupts internet access for all wifi devices on the network. I have factory reset it multiple times. What causes and AP to get isolated and is there a detailed log file anywhere that would give me more information about this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP245 gets isolated multiple times per day
2020-12-15 02:18:30

Dear @Cnote,

I have 3 EAP245s, one on each floor. My basement and 2nd floor APs are solid. My 1st floor AP gets isolated 5-10 times per day, and each time it happens it disrupts internet access for all wifi devices on the network. I have factory reset it multiple times. What causes and AP to get isolated and is there a detailed log file anywhere that would give me more information about this?

>Isolated< state indicates that the EAP was connecting to the network wirelessly and now cannot reach the gateway.

Are the 3 EAP245s hardwired to the network via Ethernet cable?

Or did you wirelessly deploy the 1st floor AP by linking to the basement AP (or the 2nd floor AP)?

If all EAPs are hardwired with cable, you may check the Ethernet cable connection from the 1st floor EAP to the network, maybe the cable is not working well, try changing a different cable for checking if possible.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP245 gets isolated multiple times per day
2020-12-15 07:04:07

@Fae Thanks for the reply. I should have provided more information in my initial post.

All three APs are hardwired to a PoE switch. I have tested all cabling multiple times and replaced the cable between the wall jack and the AP just to be safe. I don't see any other wifi or network problems other than this one AP getting isolated multiple times per day. The times that the isolation happens are seemingly random and and different every day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1666

Replies: 2