Wireless clients disconnect constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-16 01:32:00 - last edited 2020-12-16 03:28:59
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.7.0 rel 38287

Hi,

I am operating a network with an internal EAP225 and an external EAP225 along with a cloud controller. I have two private networks and a guest network running.

I am having huge issues with constant disconnects from both APs to the point the network is unusable.  I was trying to navigate a website earlier whilst standing 3 metres from the indoor EAP and each time I selected a page it would lose connection and reconnect to one of the other network, I'd have to refresh to get the page back and continue. When this happens they don't all disappear like they are going down, it just seems to jump between the networks. 

I've searched the forum and found some posts with connectivity issues so have disabled various settings, MESH etc. but it's made no difference. I've turned each network and AP off independently to ensure they were not interfering, but no joy.

This is a video of the speed and frequency of the disconnects,  3 disconnects over an 8 second period and jumping between two different networks.

https://youtu.be/_a0hPIAkyWw

Both APS are wired into TP Link supplied POE and into central switch.  Distance from POE to APS is maximum 10 metres (External), 5 metres (Internal), cable is Cat 5e

I'm not quite sure where to go with this, any advice would be appreciated as right now I just want to smash them.

Let me know if you need further info to assist

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wireless clients disconnect constantly
2020-12-18 10:38:04 - last edited 2020-12-18 10:38:17

Dear @HRUFC,

There are newer versions released for the Omada Software Controller and EAP225.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/omada-software-controller/#Controller_Software

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/EAP225/#Firmware

It's recommended to upgrade the EAP and the Omada Controller to the latest version and see if it helps.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-17 01:34:53 - last edited 2021-07-17 03:11:51

@HRUFC @Fae 

Bumping this because I have the exact same issue, but have fully updated firmware across all of my devices. 

TL-R605 + T1500G PoE Switch + OC200 + 2x EAP225 and 1x EAP225outdoor. I also have two SG1016DE switches for my wired devices. 

Router: 1.0.1 Build 20210113 Rel.35074

EAP225  Firmware Version:5.0.3 Build 20210316 Rel. 67358

I am constantly losing internet connection on my 2.4g band SSID. 

I am running 3 SSID at the moment, Main, Main5G, and a test VLAN. 

I did have one loopback error, but the errors were not a port that was connected to my EAPs. 

I don't know where to begin to start troubleshooting this. 

OC200, 2x SG-TL3428, T1500G-10MPS, 3x EAP225, Firewalla Gold (replaced ER-605)
Options
2021-07-17 08:12:39

@CoKro 

I fixed this issue by updating the firmware on all devices and reconfiguring everything from scratch. Haven't had a problem since. 

Sorry I don't have anything further to add. 

Good luck! 

Options
2021-07-19 08:22:30

Dear @CoKro,

CoKro wrote

Bumping this because I have the exact same issue, but have fully updated firmware across all of my devices. 

TL-R605 + T1500G PoE Switch + OC200 + 2x EAP225 and 1x EAP225outdoor. I also have two SG1016DE switches for my wired devices. 

I am constantly losing internet connection on my 2.4g band SSID. 

I am running 3 SSID at the moment, Main, Main5G, and a test VLAN. 

Do you mean that only the 2.4GHz band has the unstable issue, which means the 5GHz band works fine?

The 2.4GHz is usually more crowded than 5GHz and easy to suffer from wireless interference, you may refer to the guide below to do some wireless optimization and see if it helps.

How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1536

Replies: 4

Related Articles