EAP225 won't link to another AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-17 07:44:51
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've recently added an additional node to my eap225 outdoor mesh network as the signal between two existing nodes was too weak for a consistent connection. The new ap is getting -55 to -60 to the main ap, and the original node is getting a -60 connection to the new node (vs -69 to -72 recently directly to the main node). 

So... looks like it should work well... but when I try to link the far node to the new intermediate node, it tries to connect... but it looks like the 5ghz is not able to lock in a channel... 157 pops up for a second but then loses it and stays at 0...and then eventually says offline. 

I did notice the new ap is running 1.20 firmware vs my older eap 225s are running 1.5.0 or.1.6.1. I'm assuming (hoping) its a firmware issue but when I try to update the firmware of the older APs, the omada controller (OC200 v1, 1.2.1) says the firmware is up to date. Is there any way I can roll back the firmware on the new AP or upgrade all the other units remotely? (many of the existing APs are in relatively high up and quite frankly will be a huge pain to access and given everything else is working just fine, im hesitant to make changes there if i dont have to) 

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 won't link to another AP
2020-12-18 10:26:01

Dear @Chris.A.G,

I'm assuming (hoping) its a firmware issue but when I try to update the firmware of the older APs, the omada controller (OC200 v1, 1.2.1) says the firmware is up to date. Is there any way I can roll back the firmware on the new AP or upgrade all the other units remotely? (many of the existing APs are in relatively high up and quite frankly will be a huge pain to access and given everything else is working just fine, im hesitant to make changes there if i dont have to) 

You may download the latest firmware for your EAP and manually upgrade from the Omada Controller, 1.2.1.

After that, back up the settings of the OC200 controller and then upgrade to the latest version.

Restore the configuration and then adopt all the EAPs.

Here is a similar post for your reference, you could refer to the procedure mentioned here.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 1