Votes

mDNS Service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

mDNS Service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
252 Reply
Re:mDNS Service
2022-06-01 22:49:17

@Kaktus317 well I'm not assuming that everyone have the same needs of mine, I just raised this post for my needs but tons of people supported this with the same need so definitely this is something people want.

also they barely copied the competition (ubiquity) whom they have this feature implemented. You are ok without it why write on this post? There are several others on the forum

Options
2022-06-02 07:04:56

@Xstreem 

I feel as topic resurrector :-)
But seriously - I'm tired using workarounds everywhere, and getting not ready-to-use hardware and software.

With tp-link we are in something that can be called 'ignorance-patching-phase' - it is when vendor (generally speaking) pushed out solution that not meet simple requirements under the hood, because time-to-market pressure.

They marketed this correctly as we catch the bait.
If you want to be treated as solid business partner - you need to listen your partners.
If you can deliver feature requested multiple times - give solid timeline.
If you can't/don't want deliver - give solid explanation.

Options
2022-06-02 22:04:45

@Xstreem +1 for adding this functionality, very frustrated to find out that mDNS is not supported on the Omada system that is now fully set up with separate IoT vlan...

Options
2022-06-07 15:49:11

Agree, mDNS or DNS based on the given names is missing. I hope we will get it.

Options
2022-06-09 00:25:25

@Xstreem 

Just had a quick chat with one of the representatives. I was told that they will release a new device (instead of new firmware) to support both mDNS and stateful firewall. No ETA though. Guess I'm saying good bye to my ER605 before the return window passes.

Options
2022-06-09 04:39:10

@Softtryme 

Sure, why do your job when you can milk the cash cow... I don't know if I will stick with this sh*t and company.

Options
2022-06-09 06:54:16 - last edited 2022-06-09 06:55:07

Softtryme wrote

@Xstreem 

Just had a quick chat with one of the representatives. I was told that they will release a new device (instead of new firmware) to support both mDNS and stateful firewall. No ETA though. Guess I'm saying good bye to my ER605 before the return window passes.

@Softtryme 

If tp-link seriously will drop product instead of firmware upgrade - it is close call - don't wan't to stay with other products without support. I will simply drop omada line.

However - this should be confirmed  - @Fae can you confirm ?

Options
2022-06-10 08:28:56

@lacrimal agree, I really have enough, no updates, no support, no answers. A system lacking of a lot of stuff, updated just sometimes with stupid updates. Just yesterday I have seen updates for the EAP, looked at the release note and added TLS. Seriously they don't listen at a single word.

If they do not update the ER605 and go for a new product it is almost a fraud, really I doom the day I have chosen this horrible company, and fallen again in the rule that when you want to spend less at the end you spend more, I will see how gradually I can switch to Ubiquiti.

oh btw, do you imagine in the centres and headquarters if they use their own systems?? lol I'm sure they have deployed some serious brand for their network 

Options
2022-06-10 20:56:43 - last edited 2022-06-10 20:58:09

@Xstreem 

Xstreem wrote

oh btw, do you imagine in the centres and headquarters if they use their own systems?? lol I'm sure they have deployed some serious brand for their network 

Found this some time ago:
https://www.tp-link.com/pl/business-networking/case-study/

Saw it also in pdf form.

There is no case study 'tp-link headquarters':-)

I think that omada is aspiring to be 'almost busines' line but currently it barelly hit prosument level.

Also - what is disturbing - router range is a mess R605 v1 next v2, unfamous ER7206 and informations about lack of progress in firmware usefull changes.
Also think - comparing to ubiquiti edgerouter x - R605 is small device with castrated system ram and storage, it is dificult to implement firmware changes to it.

That's why it is cheap.

Options
2022-06-17 15:07:15

@Fae Q1 gone, Q2 gone, so when we have to expect this basic feature to be added ?

Options

Voters 36

+ 32 Voters