Votes

mDNS Service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

mDNS Service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
252 Reply
Re:mDNS Service
2023-10-08 21:07:45

I got something working in my end;

I tried to get VLAN1 and VLAN2 to talk from -1 to -2.

I went to Settings -> Services - mDNS, created a new rule with the following settings:

DeviceType: Gateway

Bonjour Service: All (more on this later)

Service.Network: <nameOfVLAN2>

Client.Network: <nameOfVLAN1>

This allone allow me to ping my Sonos devices on VLAN2 from VLAN1 - great success.

Note: If you add an ACL-rule under Switch ACL, don't deny traffic on ICMP. If you do so, you can't get responses on ping.

But I can't see them inside Spotify.

I believe I have to manually add new Bonjour Services to Omada to get these working, but it's not working so far;

Settings -> Progiles -> Bonjour Service

Create a new service with the following settings:

ServiceName: Sonos

ServiceID: _sonos._tcp.local

ServiceName: Spotify

ServiceID: _spotify-connect._tcp.local

Anyone got suggestion to how these are found?

Options
Re:mDNS Service
2023-10-10 02:28:25 - last edited 2023-10-10 02:28:35

Hi @Limroto 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you have issues with the mDNS, start a new thread in the correct section.

Or refer to the troubleshooting: Troubleshooting mDNS Repeater on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Voters 36

+ 32 Voters