I purchased and setup a EAP225 today to be used in my home which is replacing a failing tp-link WAP I've been using for a few years. The issue I am running into is the upload speed never goes above 1.3 Mbps.This is happen on any wireless device I have no matter the distance from the WAP. It is acting like rate limiting is on but it is not. I have changed every settings I can think of to try and fix this issue.
This includes the following.
- Changing the channel width, channel, power, and mode settings.
- I have tried only using 2.4Ghz and only 5Ghz.
- Turned off the default QoS settings one by one
- I have updated the firmware with no change and even downgraded the firmware to an older version.
- I tried to manage it via Omada and stand alone. It is currently in a stand alone configuration.
So other maybe helpful info.
- This is the only WAP in the house. I live in a rural area so the closest neighboring wireless signal is around 600 ft away so I don't think there is interference and the old WAP didn't have this issue.
- The EAP225 connects to a switch with a 1 Gbps connection which goes through a Cisco router. All other devices connected to the switch don't have a upload speed issue.
- ISP gives me 50 Up and 250 Down which I do get with wired devices. I don't expect to get that on the wireless but I should be doing more than 1.3 Mbps upload.
At this point I'm not sure what to do. 1.3 Mbps upload is just not adequate for any workload I have.