Votes

*REQUEST* OC200 - History Data Retention Save To External Drive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

*REQUEST* OC200 - History Data Retention Save To External Drive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:*REQUEST* OC200 - History Data Retention Save To External Drive
2022-06-08 09:46:26

That feature would be terrific.

Options
2022-07-25 13:18:41

@Reconboy Would love to see this feature too

Options
2022-07-25 13:35:08

@Geedub Its been almost 2 years since I requested and still not added by TP-Link Devs. One would figure that this feature would be a needed add-on for those who need to save this type of data.

Options
2022-08-15 12:52:38

I would also like to have more options when managing data. It is a pity that there is no official statement.

Options
2022-08-17 14:04:50

@Reconboy +1 from me as well

Options
Re: OC200 - History Data Retention Save To External Drive
2022-08-18 12:02:36

Dear @Reconboy, and other community members,

Thank you for sharing your valuable ideas on the TP-Link Community!

I understand that your hope is to save the client's history data to an external drive instead of the OC200/OC300, thus to save the OC200/OC300 storage space. But if you still want to be able to view the client history on the Omada Controller page at the same time, one thing we may concern is that the data reading speed cannot keep up through a USB 2.0 /USB 3.0 port, as the amount of history data increases, it may take longer time to read the data, your experience with OC200/OC300 might be worse.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. If the client history data you have to collect is really large in your network, which can easily fill up the OC200/OC300 storage space, you may consider the Omada Software Controller, or Omada Cloud-Based Controller, which might be more suitable for your situation.

Thank you so much for your attention!

Reconboy wrote

I want to be able to view the client history on the Omada page, so in order to collect this data you have to enable History:

This data could be saved to an external drive instead of the OC200/OC300 if there was the option to so that way I can leave History enabled with out the worry of maxing out the OC200/OC300 storage space.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re: OC200 - History Data Retention Save To External Drive
2022-08-18 12:36:55

@Fae I do believe this has become more of a need than some one off request. Let those of us who want to capture this historical data on to a drive chose if we want to regardless if it degrades the performance of the OC200. Honestly I do not see a degrade issue , if anything it should help with the performance because you are not overwhelming the tiny space that is provided on the OC200 from the factory.

Offering to use the software or even the cloud base version of Omada complete defeats the purpose of purchasing the OC200 in the first place. As a paying customer and with several others on this post requesting for this feature , please give us this option. 

Options
2022-08-18 13:50:35

I agree. I chose the HW version of Omada and there is no reason you can't add this feature. Lots of analytical and historical calculations in different SW can take a long time. I think everyone already knows this.

Options
2022-08-18 14:51:54 - last edited 2022-08-18 14:52:29

Not to mention, this is what message bus/ service bus is for in software.  Allow the service/message bus to buffer (on the OC device disk) a portion of the data before writing the onto a USB drive.  For most of us, this will effectively solve the issue and I could add a message/service bus to a stream of data in a single day of programming.  I'm not a programmer btw.

Options
RE:*REQUEST* OC200 - History Data Retention Save To External Drive
2022-11-22 18:34:56
Not having this functionality (well, I guess it's there but the disclaimer that pops up is pretty clear we're NOT supposed to use it) but OFFERING it on the config page is not only confusing, it's counterproductive. Why have an external controller device when using the free s/w solution is actually better?? Buffer using the internal storage and then write buffered records to the USB device, please. Otherwise, the message you're sending customers is "pay extra to get missing needed functionality, or pay nothing and get more capability if you have a PC to run the s/w version." What's the point of purchasing the hardware controller (which I have purchased an OC300?)
Options

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters