I'm tired of this thing!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I'm tired of this thing!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
I'm tired of this thing!
I'm tired of this thing!
2020-12-23 11:16:46 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:26:21
Model: TL-ER6120  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.2 Build 20200313 Rel.47458

Few Months ago I switched from TL-R470+ to a ER6120 and nothing else but headaches, TP-Link support can't find any solution and this is starting to piss me off.

Connected to this router I have 4 ADSL internet connections fro m the same company, 2 of them (Wan 1 & 2) as PPPoE (Static IP) used for VPN, Wan 3 & 4 just as Dynamic IP.

The main Problem is that the router Reboot itself randomly almost every 3 days, sometimes two, sometimes four days and when is on again it doesn't connect to all modems.

As you can imagine i'm every day checking the connections, even the weekends I do it from home (If one of the two VPN wan is up), last week I had a family issue and I had to travel to another city when arrive I had 15 missed call from work, "Internet not working" - said my boss, the whole people in the building was using just one 6MB ADSL connection, they stay like that till next day.

The self rebooting  wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for not reconnecting the wan, wan 2 and 3 "almost" always reconnect but wan 1 and 4 don't do it automatically, wan 1 I can do it from GUI just hitting connect button and wan 4 I have to restart the modem and the ER6120 grab the IP.

I have to take a few days from work and this is getting out of hands, All the modems there were connected to the TL-R470+ and never had this problem before I used that router for 3+ years and believe me never had any of this problems, but I have more than 100 users and VPN services are needed right now, so this router seems more fit for the company.

TP-Link support said I have to update the firmware and I did, but that not solve anything.

Please any insight? Log says that router reboot 3:30 AM last night and Wan 1 wasn't able to connect. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:I'm tired of this thing!
2020-12-24 12:22:16 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:26:21

Dear @DGO,

Sorry to hear that you have some trouble with the TL-ER6120 router.

To figure out the issue, may I check the following information for analysis?

1. Did you configure any other advanced settings such as Link Backup on the TL-ER6120 router?

2. Usually the system log will be empty once the router is rebooted. But it seems that the Log before 3:30 was still there.

Could you please save the log info and upload the whole log for analysis?

3. Do you use the same ISP for WAN1 & WAN2 (PPPoE connection), WAN3 & WAN4 (Dynamic IP)?

I noticed that you started a thread for the PPPoE connection not recovering automatically before and it turned out to be the modem issue.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 1

Related Articles