Client icons

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Client icons

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Client icons
Client icons
2020-12-24 11:06:43
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

It would appear that Omada can have client icons. Has anyone worked out how to add/change a client icon?

The two above it picked up itself (I assume from the host names), however most of the rest of my clients just have the ... icon.

I've tried changing the name/alias of some clients (eg "Printer", "PC") but I can't get any others to show up.

Having a noise into the icon CSS I can see there a few different client icons

• ../img/clientIcon/android.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/harddisk.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/iPad.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/iPhone.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/iPod.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/notebook.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/pc.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/printer.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/router.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/tv.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/unknown.png
  • ../img/clientIcon/usb.png

Anyone worked out how to get them to show up?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Client icons
2020-12-26 01:17:47

@cosmo0000 

Hey

Like you I have burned some time trying to get this to display better icons, not for any other reason except it annoys me :)

Sadly not had any success with this, appears totally random from what I can see... Mobile Phones work 95% of the time with the phone icon, everything else just ... (3 dot icon)

Options
2021-04-29 14:31:00

I would love to have this as a feature!!!!!

Options
2021-05-13 03:17:49 - last edited 2021-05-15 04:55:39

@cosmo0000 

Same issue here - just starting to set-up OC-200 with a number of EAPs and only some phones are showing up (not all) - others are all '...' icons :(

I know that price tag on Omada series is slightly cheaper than well known brands but only slightly - it still came with a price tag. Would have expected better!

Options
2021-05-21 15:58:00
After questioning this with tp link support because I was experiencing the same issue, the reply I got was: “ I have confirmed with our supervisor and knew that if you are setting up your EAP in controller management rather than standalone mode, then the clients will just display as "..". So the situation you raised is normal, and don't worry about that. Thanks for your support, and have a nice day!” Find this a little strange, after purchasing the hardware controller at an extra cost!
Options
2021-05-24 15:16:41

@Xmuni either way that sounds wrong, as we're all getting a mixture!

If support says they should all be "..." then clearly something is broken as we get some that are "...", and some with the correct icons! indecision

Options
2021-05-25 04:56:15
Yes agree..maybe a fix will be released for this which would make the interface look cleaner. I would like to at least have the option to choose/assign the client icons myself as with older TP-link routers which cost nothing compared to omada setup.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 4423

Replies: 6

Related Articles