POE injector for unconditioned (detached onheated garage) for EAP225-outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-28 13:00:06
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Anyone have any good ideas for a POE injector that I can use in a space that gets down to single digit F temps?  According the specs the injector that comes outdoor can't operate that low even though the EAP itself can.  It seems like one option would be an "industrial" poe switch or injector, but those are more than the EAP itself.

Options
5 Reply
Re:POE injector for unconditioned (detached onheated garage) for EAP225-outdoor
2020-12-28 15:23:35

@mackworth 

Your garage is 100m away from your house ?

install your POE injector near your router and connect it to your Cat5 cable that feed your EAP225 it should work

mackworth wrote

Anyone have any good ideas for a POE injector that I can use in a space that gets down to single digit F temps?  According the specs the injector that comes outdoor can't operate that low even though the EAP itself can.  It seems like one option would be an "industrial" poe switch or injector, but those are more than the EAP itself.

Options
2020-12-28 15:30:00

@martin_ My garage is actually pretty close to my house and I already have 1 EAP225-outdoor attached to the corner of my house, but for whatever reason my nest cam stuggles a little bit to get coverage, so I was thinking of adding another EAP225-outdoor as a mesh node.

Ideally I would just trench a cable into my garage but I have a newborn and I think my wife would kill me if added another project to my plate :)

Options
2020-12-28 17:51:39

mackworth wrote

@martin_ My garage is actually pretty close to my house and I already have 1 EAP225-outdoor attached to the corner of my house, but for whatever reason my nest cam stuggles a little bit to get coverage, so I was thinking of adding another EAP225-outdoor as a mesh node.

Ideally I would just trench a cable into my garage but I have a newborn and I think my wife would kill me if added another project to my plate :)

@mackworth 

Hard wire is hallway better 

i don't know the position of house - garage - nest cam and EAP225

but it is possible to install the new EAP255 on the house to be closer to your nes cam ?

for the injector the spec maybe not go to sub zero but i am pretty sure that i could work in this condition.

Options
2020-12-28 18:08:47

@martin_ Yeah, My plan would be to use the 225-outdoor in mesh for now and then eventually run a cable when I have more free time.  I am actually not really sure why my existing EAP225-outdoor isn't reading it well enough.  Omada controller showed -67db but the nest camera doesn't have any wifi diagnostic info.  It connected when I had it on the ground but then moved it up ~9 feet and it would connect but as very very low TX rates, which weren't enough to display video.

In this photo, the existing EAP is mounted on the house under my second story eave and the camera is mounted under the front eave of the far end of the garage.  Antennas are in a 45 degree orientation, pointing in the yellow shape. I probably should have mounted it lower but I was trying to cover both the back and side yard.

Options
2020-12-28 19:57:42

@mackworth 

me be turn your antenna to have better output signal 

see that post that show beam form of antenna

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/216110 

the best signal is in front and back of antenna

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825