Omada SDN - what are missing functionalities?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-28 22:10:28
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20201016 Rel.62818

Hi All,

I was wondering what - in your opinion - are most missing functionalities and/or BUGs?

What have you observed since you've bought you Omada device(s)?

I have a few quick-pins here:

1. Displaying of MAC-IP binding list (sic!...) - it is not possible from omada mgmnt screen
  2. ACL rules cannot be time related (this is absulutely f*** up). You can define time ranges which are useless...
  3. You can check if firmware is up to date only from mobile app (that made me laugh). from OC200 you can only upload firmware
  4. It happens that there is IP conflict between router and switch and the only solution is to restore whole Omada config as switch becomes unaccessable (this is a REAL f*** up)
  5. It is not that easy to make DHCP reservation for Omada devices as usually when changing from default values WHOLE setup blows up... 

Please add yours!

My Omada HW:

1. OC200
  2. TL-R605
  3. TL-SG2008P
  4. EAP660HD

Thanks,

Norbert

Options
5 Reply
Re:Omada SDN - what are missing functionalities?
2020-12-28 23:51:14
++VLANs... this is hopeless I guess
Options
2020-12-30 14:59:17 - last edited 2020-12-30 14:59:31

Need to be able to define IP Ranges as IP Groups

Gateway needs a lot of functionality to even match up to the old TL-R470... Can't match its access control options, can't manually define the speeds of multiple WANs, can't observe individual device WAN usage, only general network usage per Client.

Options
2021-01-05 06:12:51

@Norbert_123 

A new bug found after few weeks of usage:

- when you block a client and delete the record from "insight" tab it is impossible to unblock his device... he cannot access network FOREVER....

Options
2021-01-07 21:09:16

@Norbert_123 

Yes, you can unlock the user under Insights/Known Clients/All/Blocked.

Options
2021-01-07 22:21:11

@mma678 

I know that I can unblock user there, but I'm writing about completelty different situation which is - once you clock 'FORGET' in insight tab-blocked you will never see the device again NOR YOU CANNOT UNBLOCK IT.

This is a real situation with one of my phones. The only thing that solves the situation is change device MAC... hopeless.

Could you please test this scenario and get back if the result is the same?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1297

Replies: 5