Automatic channel selection and power adjustment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-02 20:08:37
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5

I have the OC200 controller updated to SDN

It should support automatic Channel and power adjustment of AP to achieve best performance. 

I have set the channel selection to Auto on each AP, however there is to Auto option for the power. 

So how does it work exactly and from where can I activate it? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Automatic channel selection and power adjustment
2021-01-03 14:19:20

@ken481 I don't think that functionality has been released.  See https://www.tp-link.com/us/omada-sdn/#ai. It says "Intelligent Network Analysis, Warning, and Optimization are being developed and are scheduled to be released in 2020".  Seems like they might be behind schedule.

Options
Re:Automatic channel selection and power adjustment
2021-01-03 19:05:06

I'm also curious if the auto power adjustment function will require the RF scanning capability.  While the RF scanning capability has been released (as of Firmware version 5) it is only supported on Ethernet connected (aka NOT MESH Connected) EAP's.

So in my case, I have 4 EAP's for my home (two EAP245 which are Ethernet connected, and two EAP225-OD which are MESH).  So I wondering if, in my case, I'll even be able to use the automatic power adjustment feature on the outdoor units (or at all).

-Jonathan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2283

Replies: 2