TP-LINK EAP110 - Block access to other devices from another SSID name but on same network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-LINK EAP110 - Block access to other devices from another SSID name but on same network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-10 15:40:40 - last edited 2021-01-18 01:41:27
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello everybody,

I am a network technician for a holiday accommodation business and I have several EAP110s installed around the building. Some of the EAP110s are connected from a Archer VR600 router and through via 24-port TL-SG1024 Gigabit Ethernet switch, whereas some others are connected through Load Balance TL-R480T+ router from the Archer VR600.

As I have mentioned above, we have two routers, the Archer VR600 is the main router with a DSL line connected to it whilst the TL-R480T+ provides a separate & independent network connection for two of our holiday lets. Moreover, we have a third holiday let which is on the other side of our building and is far away from the server room but it still provides good internet through our existing private network connection (this is where we didn't provide a new connection just for the holiday let, due to the complexity of the building's structure). The existing private network connection comes from the server room and it goes to another 5-port Ethernet switch to split the connection in the other end of the building, although there is another 5-port Ethernet switch which again splits for the media consoles in our living room and then to our third holiday let accommodation next door to our main residence.

The main point of this discussion is this... As we have a EAP110 installed in our third holiday accommodation, it is still picking up the connection through the existing network connection such as Google Chromecast and other media devices from another SSID name within the same connection. The SSID name for the third holiday let is completely different and I wanted to block any connections from inside that SSID other than the internet. Don't forget that in the third holiday accommodation, it has a Google Chromecast installed behind a TV for guests to stream from their devices, so I don't want to block the Chromecast within the holiday accommodation's own SSID network.

What should I do to make it work? Should I need to get any new equipment, a different access point or what?

All of your help would be very much appreciated! If you want me to further explain, please let me know.

Regards, Ben
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-LINK EAP110 - Block access to other devices from another SSID name but on same network
2021-01-19 10:20:51 - last edited 2021-01-19 10:25:37

Dear @HBEN1603,

Are you trying to block the communication between wireless clients which are connected to different SSIDs?

If yes, you may refer to method 1 from the following post.

How to create a wireless guest network using Omada EAPs

Edit: noticed that EAP110 V2 doesn't support the guest network, you may get new EAPs if the guest network feature is what you need.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:TP-LINK EAP110 - Block access to other devices from another SSID name but on same network
2021-01-19 10:30:03

Hi @Fae, thanks for your response. Yes, that is something that I could be looking for. Thanks for the link and I will look into this.

Regards, Ben
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1090

Replies: 2