Feature requests and general questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-13 19:56:50
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user of Omada as I've currently evaluating the product suite in comparison to unifi. I frequently reccommend and setup networks so I like to know whats coming out and so far the specs of the devices have impressed me in comparison to unifi. I have a couple of questions after playing around with the software and hardware for a few days. I'm running v4.2.8 on ubuntu vm at the moment.

1. One thing I have noticed is there doesn't seem to be a way to block inter vlan traffic without adopting a switch? I know this is an unlikely scenario but it just seems a strange way of doing it.

2. Is there any way to have L2TP/IPSec VPN users authenticate through a radius profile instead of manual username/password setup?

3. I love the OpenVPN feature but I think a great feature request would be to enabe each client to have its own profile instead of all clients using the same one. Is this on the roadmap?

4. Is there anyway to view the inform URL of the device once adopted? I would be potentially installing a few of these remotely using a fqdn so is this possible?

For a relatively new product I am impressed so far and excited to see how it develops in future upgrades!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Feature requests and general questions
2021-01-14 10:07:12 - last edited 2021-01-14 10:07:45

@jamesg013 

Hey James

Just bear in mind that the Omada SDN is ultimately a controller, this could compare to the Ubiquiti Cloud Key..  Therefore if you wish to control or block inter vlan traffic you will actually need a switch(s) to do the work

Its the same in ubiquiti, the cloud key is just the controller.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 1