Omada Cloud Based Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-16 14:39:19

Hi,

I have an R605 router and 4x EAP225’s all using the Omada system.

I am trying to setup a cloud based controller (not to be confused with cloud access for hardware or software controllers).

I read this to mean I don’t need local software running on a server or hardware controller as the controller is based on the cloud.

I do have a server but it’s a Mac and I don't see any plans to release Omada software controller on a Mac unfortunately!

I am following instructions in this booklet page 22:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201223/1910012926-Omada%20SDN%20Controller%204.2.4-User%20Guide.pdf

I logged into Omada using TPlink ID but there is no option to add cloud based controller like the instructions say.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Cloud Based Controller
2021-01-19 06:45:51

Dear @Luke-r,

I am trying to setup a cloud based controller (not to be confused with cloud access for hardware or software controllers).

I read this to mean I don’t need local software running on a server or hardware controller as the controller is based on the cloud.

I do have a server but it’s a Mac and I don't see any plans to release Omada software controller on a Mac unfortunately!

The Omada Cloud-Based Controller is not available for the time being.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/omada-sdn-controller/omada-cloud-based-controller/

Sorry that the Omada software controller doesn't support Mac OS, you may purchase hardware controller OC200 instead if you don't have a Windows or Linux system to install the software controller.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-19 08:16:39

@Fae ok thank you, is there a rough release date?

Options
2021-01-21 03:30:48

Dear @Luke-r,

ok thank you, is there a rough release date?

Sorry that I just have no idea about it.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 772

Replies: 3

Related Articles