How to diagnose "interference" problems on EAP-225 outdoor ????

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 08:27:58
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi.

Can someone can explain me how i can diagnose "interference" problem on EAP wifi antenna. I have 11 EAP-225 outdoor deployed "indoor" and i have problem with ONE.

I have move this morning and it allways have very high interference on 2.4 Ghz freq. If someone had a solution (if i can, i'm going to replace with a new one that i have in stock)

Thanks for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to diagnose "interference" problems on EAP-225 outdoor ????
2021-01-20 15:29:01

Hi @plavielle,

Ideally, you would use an RF scanner to scan for interfering signals,  But these are rather expensive.  You could use a tool like inSSIDER or similar from a PC or Android phone.  But this will only detect Wifi interference, not general RF interference.

Since all of your others are working, it could very well be a bad unit, band antenna, band antenna connection.  So swapping it out seems like the best course of action.  Have you tried other channels on this device?  Is it only CH11 or do all channels given an abnormally high interference.

There are a variety of sources of non-Wifi 2.4.GHz interference such as:

1) Microwave ovens

2) Older baby monitors and cordless phones

3) Some brands of CFL ballasts

4) Other non-Wifi devices that use the 2.4GHz spectrum

-Jonathan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 908

Replies: 1