Application detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Application detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Application detection
Application detection
2021-01-20 18:41:00
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hi,

Does the TL-R605 have the ability to detect web applications used and surface that information?

I'm comparing this to the Unifi USG to try and see what is and isn't possible with the Omada solution.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Application detection
2021-01-21 03:05:07

Dear @Backslashh,

Does the TL-R605 have the ability to detect web applications used and surface that information?

I'm comparing this to the Unifi USG to try and see what is and isn't possible with the Omada solution.

I'm afraid that the Omada solution cannot detect web applications used for the time being.

Thank you for your information, I've written it down for further evaluation.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-21 03:14:42

@Fae 

Thanks for the response. Is that a "Can't be done right now, but possible in the future" kind of thing or is it a "will never be done in the future"?

Options
2021-01-21 07:21:22

Dear @Backslashh,

Is that a "Can't be done right now, but possible in the future" kind of thing or is it a "will never be done in the future"?

Well, it's waiting to be evaluated, so both are possible.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 3