Omada SDN as service

Omada SDN as service
Omada SDN as service
2021-01-23 17:45:38 - last edited 2021-01-23 17:46:49
Model: EAP245
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.0

I've got SDN set up as a service on Windows 10, which all starts well. However, even though the SDN starts, the 4 EAP245 I have remain disconnected. It's as if the service did not connect to the network? I can login to the web mgmt page and use all the functions etc but the devices show as disconnected.

If I launch the SDN as normal through the start menu, then everything works fine, all EAP245 adopt and connect.

My Omada controller version is 4.2.8. My EAP245 are v3 and on firmware 5.0.0.

Any ideas what makes the service start not connect?

In the logs, I see the below difference...

Main Administrator logged in to the controller from 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1.

this is when i launch from the start menu, and everything works

Main Administrator logged in to the controller from 192.168.0.181. 

this is when i launch as a service, and eap245 don't connect

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada SDN as service
2021-01-27 08:48:59

Dear @suh4ail,

I've got SDN set up as a service on Windows 10, which all starts well. However, even though the SDN starts, the 4 EAP245 I have remain disconnected. It's as if the service did not connect to the network? I can login to the web mgmt page and use all the functions etc but the devices show as disconnected.

When the controller shows the EAP is disconnected, it only indicates that the controller is unable to communicate with the EAP for more than 5 minutes. If you can get Internet access from the EAP's SSID, then the EAP is still connected to the network properly.

If I launch the SDN as normal through the start menu, then everything works fine, all EAP245 adopt and connect.

Not sure what may cause the issue, perhaps you could refer to the FAQ below to confirm it's properly configured as windows service.

How to Configure Omada Controller as a Windows Service(above Controller 4.1.5)

Best Regards!
Options
Related Articles