[Bug] Issue on EAP225-Outdoor on Status > Client > Client List

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-24 01:53:13 - last edited 2021-02-03 22:07:50
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.0 Build 20200918 Rel. 58628(5553)

All clients are listed under "User" even when that client is connected to a Guest Network. AFAIK, all clients connected to a Guest Network are supposed to be listed under "Guest" instead of "User".

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[Bug] Issue on EAP225-Outdoor on Status > Client > Client List-Solution
2021-02-03 03:03:31 - last edited 2021-02-03 22:07:50

Dear @hashrack,

What does "Users" and "Guests" do on EAP Standalone? I tried to scroll the guides on EAP Standalone and found nothing about this topic. Like, what goes to "Users" and what goes to "Guests".

For EAP Standalone, you may check the Omada Access Points_User Guide (search keyword Guest). 

Users are the clients connected to the EAP wireless network without Portal authentication,

while Guests are the clients connected to the EAP wireless network with the Portal Authentication.

So only the clients connected with Portal will show as Guests on EAP Standalone no matter it's compatible with Omada SDN platform.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:[Bug] Issue on EAP225-Outdoor on Status > Client > Client List
2021-01-29 09:09:20

Dear @hashrack,

All clients are listed under "User" even when that client is connected to a Guest Network. AFAIK, all clients connected to a Guest Network are supposed to be listed under "Guest" instead of "User".

I'm afraid that you may misunderstand the "User" and "Guest" on the Omada Controller v3.

Based on the UG of Omada Controller v3 (at Page28), the meaning of "User" and "Guest" is the following.

But if you use the Omada SDN Controller, then "User" means clients connected to the AP’s SSID with Guest Network disabled, while "Guest" indicates clients connected to that with Guest Network enabled. See from the UG of Omada SDN Controller (at Page268).

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-29 12:56:27

@Fae 

The screenshots above are from EAP Standalone. I no longer use OC200 nor Omada Controller for my portal authentication.

What does "Users" and "Guests" do on EAP Standalone? I tried to scroll the guides on EAP Standalone and found nothing about this topic. Like, what goes to "Users" and what goes to "Guests".

Options
2021-01-29 14:54:31

@hashrack 

Users are not isolated from other LAN clients. 

Guests are isolated from other LAN clients.

Options
2021-01-29 15:30:44 - last edited 2021-01-29 15:34:49

@rjow2021 

if that's the case, then its really a bug since all are listed in Users and nothing in Guests (as seen on screenshot above.

maybe version 5 firmware is not designed for standalone use but for Omada SDN. I guess i'll try to downgrade its firmware and see how it goes

Options
Re:[Bug] Issue on EAP225-Outdoor on Status > Client > Client List-Solution
2021-02-03 03:03:31 - last edited 2021-02-03 22:07:50

Dear @hashrack,

For EAP Standalone, you may check the Omada Access Points_User Guide (search keyword Guest). 

Users are the clients connected to the EAP wireless network without Portal authentication,

while Guests are the clients connected to the EAP wireless network with the Portal Authentication.

So only the clients connected with Portal will show as Guests on EAP Standalone no matter it's compatible with Omada SDN platform.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1054

Replies: 5

Related Articles