The Network Provided was not Found - Facebook Authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-26 11:06:36
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.2.8

controller: OC200 V1 4.2.8

AP: EAP 225 outdoor V1 5.0.0

I tried using facebook authentication in the portal. Many android devices and windows laptops are able to authenticate successfully but I encountered an issue.

All iphones, many android phones and windows laptops are not able to authenticate. The portal will open but when they click facebook login button, it will not load the facebook check in page. It says "The network provided was not found. Please contact the network administrator for assistance."

I already tried enabling/disbaling https redirect with no luck.

I also added m.facebook.com and facebook.com in pre-authentication access.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Options
3 Reply
Re:The Network Provided was not Found - Facebook Authentication
2021-01-27 07:56:33

Dear @networknoob,

All iphones, many android phones and windows laptops are not able to authenticate. The portal will open but when they click facebook login button, it will not load the facebook check in page. It says "The network provided was not found. Please contact the network administrator for assistance."

Do you have Internet access from the EAP SSID without portal? Please ensure the network is working fine first.

Do you get IP address after your device is connected to the portal wifi? If yes, are you able to ping the gateway on your device?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-01-27 18:45:02 - last edited 2021-01-27 18:47:59

@Fae

Hello Fae !

Yes, there is already internet in the EAP SSID if I disable the portal.

There are actually a number of android and windows devices that are able to successfuly login through facebook portal in the same SSID.

So far, all iphones that we have tested are not going through. There are also android and windows devices that are not getting the facebook check-in page.

Options
2021-01-28 02:31:11

Dear @networknoob

Yes, there is already internet in the EAP SSID if I disable the portal.

Thank you for verifying the info.

So far, all iphones that we have tested are not going through. There are also android and windows devices that are not getting the facebook check-in page.

Please check if you have any settings like ACL configured on the controller which may block the connection.

Besides, you can also try deleting the portal config and create a new one to have a check.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 3

Related Articles