Guest wifi login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Guest wifi login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Guest wifi login
Guest wifi login
2021-02-01 11:33:45
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I am looking for a router that can do two things for me:

I want a solution that can help me in my guest house. It is approximately 140 sqm and is well insulated.

I am also looking for a solution they have in most airports and public spaces. You connect to the wifi, gets redirected to a website where you have login via email and then you're online. Do you know of any such solutions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guest wifi login
2021-02-01 12:07:06 - last edited 2021-02-01 12:12:22

@HCR2 

Hey

This is possible but you will need at least 3x devices from the Omada range

OC200/OC300 Controller (or software version if you prefer) - running SDN v4.2.x

EAP2xx or EAP6xx range Access Points

TL-R605 or something like that if you require a router as you mentioned.  This would be useful for segmenting / VLAN

You also may want to consider a managed POE switch if you dont have one already.

I want a solution that can help me in my guest house. It is approximately 140 sqm and is well insulated.

If you are looking to run cables go with the EAP range of Access Points, however many you need and let the controller manage them centrally.  You can wireless mesh the EAPs if required.  You would need to do a survey to see how many APs you require

I am also looking for a solution they have in most airports and public spaces. You connect to the wifi, gets redirected to a website where you have login via email and then you're online.

On the router TL-R605 create a VLAN and then appropriate SSID for that, use portal authentication for guest and apply it to the SSID.  The OC200 will then allow you offer facebook / token  etc etc via a portal redirection if that is what you mean.

Sorry for very short answer  :)

Options