Large Client History Traffic Errors
I have recently put this together:
- Omada Controller v4.2.8 (Ubuntu 18.04 on a Raspberry Pi 3B)
- (1) TL-R605 (v1.0.0 firmware)
- (1) TL-SG2008 V3 (v3.0.0 firmware) (connected to the TL-R605 carrying wired clients)
- (2) AP620 HD (v1.0.1 firmware) (one is connected directly to the TL-R605)
- (1) Dumb switch between the other AP and the TL-R605
The setup is as follows:
- No extra VLANs
- DHCP reservations are made (and static IPs for the APs)
The client history traffic (Clients - <click client> - History) appears to be very wrong, more than a factor of 10 or 100. This seems to happen with many clients. As an example, I have a Samsung smartphone that was connected to an AP this morning and it stated it had transferred > 10GB of data in 30 mins. However, the router statistics (Statistics - TL-R605) show << 1GB of data was transferred, and I can't imagine the smartphone sending / receiving this much traffic internally. Another example has a computer connected through the dumb switch to the TL-R605 and its client history shows 0 bytes traffic while I know this is incorrect as it's been transferring data continuously.
Samsung smartphone client history:
TL-R605 traffic during the same time period:
Does anyone have similar experiences, or can help me debug this? The client history is an important feature for me.
Thank you very much in advance!
(PS: The second bug I see is the clients switching quickly between wired and wireless nodes in the log files and claiming to switch roaming ~4x a minute over and over again, but these are known bugs I found in other community topics.)