Large Client History Traffic Errors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-03 10:58:25
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 4.2.8

Hello!

I have recently put this together:

- Omada Controller v4.2.8  (Ubuntu 18.04 on a Raspberry Pi 3B)

- (1) TL-R605 (v1.0.0 firmware)

- (1) TL-SG2008 V3 (v3.0.0 firmware)          (connected to the TL-R605 carrying wired clients)

- (2) AP620 HD  (v1.0.1 firmware)                (one is connected directly to the TL-R605)

- (1) Dumb switch between the other AP and the TL-R605

The setup is as follows:

- No extra VLANs

- DHCP reservations are made (and static IPs for the APs)

The client history traffic (Clients - <click client> - History) appears to be very wrong, more than a factor of 10 or 100.  This seems to happen with many clients.  As an example, I have a Samsung smartphone that was connected to an AP this morning and it stated it had transferred > 10GB of data in 30 mins.  However, the router statistics (Statistics - TL-R605) show << 1GB of data was transferred, and I can't imagine the smartphone sending / receiving this much traffic internally.  Another example has a computer connected through the dumb switch to the TL-R605 and its client history shows 0 bytes traffic while I know this is incorrect as it's been transferring data continuously.

Samsung smartphone client history:

TL-R605 traffic during the same time period:

Does anyone have similar experiences, or can help me debug this?  The client history is an important feature for me.

Thank you very much in advance!

(PS: The second bug I see is the clients switching quickly between wired and wireless nodes in the log files and claiming to switch roaming ~4x a minute over and over again, but these are known bugs I found in other community topics.)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Large Client History Traffic Errors
2021-02-03 17:25:02

@symbiotic_ic 

Take a look at this forum post, a few of us have reported similar random traffic data.   TP Link are aware of it and I think are investigating

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/243008

Options
Re:Large Client History Traffic Errors
2021-02-04 09:13:36

@Philbert 

Thanks.  I replied in that thread to keep it organized.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 934

Replies: 2