Omada Controller Options on Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-12 22:29:37
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,  

I just purchased two EAP225 to setup in my home, and I would like to explore installing the Omada Controller software on my Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB.  

What is currently the best option for doing this, and what is the latest version of Omada that will work?  I've tried searching for some solutions, but I'm not sure which one to go with.  I've seen some mention using the old 3.2.10 on Raspian Lite, some mention installing on flavors of Linux (https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/217298) and some mention going the docker route all on Raspberry Pi 4.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada Controller Options on Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB
2021-02-17 09:59:11

@sclawrenc 

I'm also trying to find the best way to run Omada on a Raspberry Pi 4B with 4GB of RAM.  Please see this thread for some details.

I am currently trying Omada v4.2.11 on Ubuntu 20.04 with MongoDB 4.4.3 and am watching to see how stable it is.  It is currently "roughly" working, but there are some (known) bugs still, and officially Ubuntu 20.04 and MongoDB 4.4.3 are unsupported.  But the supported versions (pre-compiled) as a combination are not available for ARM64 (or I couldn't find them), so it's a bit frustrating.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2493

Replies: 1

Related Articles