Additional information about association failures?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-22 17:50:43 - last edited 2021-03-09 01:50:51
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.0

Hello Everyone!

I am running the latest version of the Omada SDN Controller, and it is really cool to get more visibility!

At one site, I am seeing an issue with WPA Auth Timeouts with one AP in particular.  This data is very helpful, but is there any way I can get more informaiton without going onsite and getting a packet capture?  From this, I do not know if there is one misbehaving client, or an AP / RF issue of some sort.  Is there a way to see which client(s) is failing?  What about the actual time of the association failures?

Is there a place to find more info?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Additional information about association failures?-Solution
2021-03-09 01:33:00 - last edited 2021-03-09 01:50:51

@Fae 

That was the issue.  Even though I was logging in as the Administrator, I was not the Master Administrator.  Thank you!

In summary, to answer my original question about getting additional information on association failures:

1. Go make sure that client logging is enabled under Settings -> Controller -> History Data Retention -> Collect Clients' History Data

2. Once you have data, go check in the Logs -> Events, and filter by Clients.  A simple search for "Failed" brought up the entries I needed:

Recommended Solution
Options
17 Reply
Re:Additional information about association failures?
2021-02-24 03:24:26 - last edited 2021-02-24 07:33:16

Dear @Questionmark,

At one site, I am seeing an issue with WPA Auth Timeouts with one AP in particular.  This data is very helpful, but is there any way I can get more informaiton without going onsite and getting a packet capture?  From this, I do not know if there is one misbehaving client, or an AP / RF issue of some sort.  Is there a way to see which client(s) is failing?  What about the actual time of the association failures?

Do you find anything from the Insight page?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-02-24 03:40:36 - last edited 2021-02-24 07:33:16

@Fae 

No, there are not any entries in the Past Associations section:

Options
2021-02-24 03:45:50 - last edited 2021-02-24 07:33:16

@Fae 

Also, I do not see any messages in the Client Event Logs:

I have all of the Client event notifications enabled, so I would expect to see them there.

Options
2021-02-24 07:33:02 - last edited 2021-02-24 07:33:16

Dear @Questionmark,

The pie next to the Timeout/Failure count shows the distribution of failures on EAPs. From the screenshot you provided above, it seems the failures are largely on the . Perhaps you may check the clients connected to that AP.

In addition, are you using OC200 1.7.0 or Omada Software Controller v4.2.11?

For the Client Event Logs, please go to Controller setting and verify that Collect Clients' History Data is enabled (disabled by default). Otherwise, you may see no entries in the client event log even if you have all of the Client event notifications enabled.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-02-24 15:03:58

Fae wrote:

In addition, are you using OC200 1.7.0 or Omada Software Controller v4.2.11?

For the Client Event Logs, please go to Controller setting and verify that Collect Clients' History Data is enabled (disabled by default). Otherwise, you may see no entries in the client event log even if you have all of the Client event notifications enabled.

@Fae,

Thank you so much for your help!

This controller is the Omada Software Controller v4.2.11.  I do not have a History Data Retention section in the Controller settings.

Is this feature only available on the OC200?

Options
2021-02-25 00:46:07

Dear @Questionmark,

This controller is the Omada Software Controller v4.2.11.  I do not have a History Data Retention section in the Controller settings.

Is this feature only available on the OC200?

Please access the controller from the local network instead, this feature may not available from cloud access.

Options
2021-02-25 15:22:49

Fae wrote

Please access the controller from the local network instead, this feature may not available from cloud access.

@Fae

I am accessing the controller from the local network.

Options
2021-03-01 03:32:27

Dear @Questionmark,

I am accessing the controller from the local network.

I'm sorry that if I didn't make it clear, the History Data Retention section should be available on both Software and Hardware Controller.

If you don't see it on your controller, it's probably that you are accessing the controller from Cloud Access(https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/).

Please double-check the URL you are using, you may open the Omada Software Controller from your PC and choose "Launch a Browser to Manage the Network" to access the Controller page (https://localhost:8043/login).

Options
2021-03-01 21:54:54

Fae wrote

I'm sorry that if I didn't make it clear, the History Data Retention section should be available on both Software and Hardware Controller.

If you don't see it on your controller, it's probably that you are accessing the controller from Cloud Access(https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/).

Please double-check the URL you are using, you may open the Omada Software Controller from your PC and choose "Launch a Browser to Manage the Network" to access the Controller page (https://localhost:8043/login).

@Fae 

I am not accessing the controller from the cloud.  I am using a local IP address over port 8043.  Are there any other resons why the History Data Retention section would not be available?

Options
2021-03-02 09:58:00

Dear @Questionmark,

Are there any other resons why the History Data Retention section would not be available?

I haven't noticed other reasons yet. Is your controller installed on a Windows PC or a Linux PC?

Have you tried a different web browser or open the web browser in Incognito Mode?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4091

Replies: 17