Additional information about association failures?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Additional information about association failures?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Additional information about association failures?
2021-03-03 22:23:33

@Fae 

Fae wrote

I haven't noticed other reasons yet. Is your controller installed on a Windows PC or a Linux PC?

Have you tried a different web browser or open the web browser in Incognito Mode?

My controller is running on Linux.  I have tried muliple browsers, and Incognito Mode.  The setting is still not availalbe.  Do you know which version of the controller software that setting was initially included in?

Options
2021-03-04 01:09:42

Dear @Questionmark

Do you know which version of the controller software that setting was initially included in?

All available versions for Omada SDN Controller.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-05 04:09:27

Dear @Questionmark,

Are there any other resons why the History Data Retention section would not be available?

I just found one possible situation. Please go to Admin to check whether you created other admin accounts for the Omada Controller.

Based on my test, when I login with the test account whose role is Administrator, there is no History Data Retention section.

For more info about the admin accounts, you may refer to Page324 from the  UG of Omada Controller V4.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Additional information about association failures?-Solution
2021-03-09 01:33:00 - last edited 2021-03-09 01:50:51

@Fae 

That was the issue.  Even though I was logging in as the Administrator, I was not the Master Administrator.  Thank you!

In summary, to answer my original question about getting additional information on association failures:

1. Go make sure that client logging is enabled under Settings -> Controller -> History Data Retention -> Collect Clients' History Data

2. Once you have data, go check in the Logs -> Events, and filter by Clients.  A simple search for "Failed" brought up the entries I needed:

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-03-09 01:48:23

Dear @Questionmark,

That was the issue.  Even though I was logging in as the Administrator, I was not the Master Administrator.  Thank you!

Welcome~ Glad to help here.

Options
2021-05-13 08:35:58

@Fae Sorry to use this thread, but we have been using 3 WAPs and one OC200 controller for about 2 weeks.  Users seem to connect OK and unaware of any issues, although sometimes a bit slow. I accessed the controller via the App until today, then via the Clound and browser.  Concerned to find 27181 Association Failures!   Cn anyone point me in the direction to find why?

Options
2021-05-13 09:28:25

Dear @KWTPGC,

KWTPGC wrote

Concerned to find 27181 Association Failures!   Cn anyone point me in the direction to find why?

From your picture, it seems that most of the failures are "Blocked by Access Control".

Go to Insight -> Known Clients to check the blocked clients, and refer to Past Connections to check more about  Association Failure.

Options
Related Articles