TL-ER7206 V1 issue ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-ER7206 V1 issue ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-ER7206 V1 issue ?
TL-ER7206 V1 issue ?
2021-02-24 19:47:06 - last edited 2021-04-18 08:31:48
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I got today my new router TL-ER7206 and i face with one issue but to be honnest I've never made any sohisticated configuration in routers. 

I have ISP which is providing internet by VLAN ID 30 , so I have activated VLAN on WAN page providing correct ID - Connecting - and see that I got public IP . Then I went to diagnistic page to check If i can ping some external addres eg. www.google.com - ok works , then I have configured LAN - DHCP server , default VLAN ID 1 and I've set all ports to untaged. So after connecting nodes ( 2 PC's ) all of them got local addresses eg. 192.168.15.110 and .111. Ok lets try do ping from PC... and then issue...

I can request ping for external page. eg. google, i see ping gets ip for domain name but packets doesn't go trough.. and there is no respond of course. I've checked routing table - its looks like on my previous tp-link wireless router ( this one is stil operational if I switch connection back ).

Has anyone idea what I'm doing wrong? 

Regards przemek

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-ER7206 V1 issue ?
2021-02-25 03:51:24 - last edited 2021-04-18 08:31:48

Dear @przemek,

I can request ping for external page. eg. google, i see ping gets ip for domain name but packets doesn't go trough.. and there is no respond of course. I've checked routing table - its looks like on my previous tp-link wireless router ( this one is stil operational if I switch connection back ).

What's the IPv4 default gateway and DNS server obtained on your PC?

If you ping the google DNS server 8.8.8.8 on your PC, does it work?

If the ping doesn't work, you may configure the DNS server on the router LAN - DHCP Server page and try again.

Another suggestion is to restart your modem completely to connect with the new router.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:TL-ER7206 V1 issue ?
2021-02-25 06:42:47 - last edited 2021-04-18 08:31:48

@Fae Thank You for answer , for clarification :

I'm connected to ISP and getting DNS provided by him . In my case there are two DNS addresses :

re

89.171.34.2 and 89.171.34.3

On the PC all settings are provided by DHCP server , but at the very beginning i have used DNS provided by me as alternative, so : 8.8.8.8. with no success on this router.

Now I'm connected by my old ARCHER C7 and everything is work fine - as i mentioned in my description ISP provides me VLAN ID 30 for internet.

Both routers ( my old C7 and TL-ER7206 ) are connecting to WAN correctly , both are getting same WAN assignments. But just with PC connected to C7 i can get access to internet from its local address eg. 192.168.15.182.

In case TL-ER7206 i can ping external pages directly from router , through its internal tools. The TL-ER7206 is also indicating successful connection to  the cloud if enabled on router so there is already connection to the world. But there is no connection do the internet from the local PC with its local address 192.168.0.110 .

Modem has been restarted twice so even with default settings - except changes WAN configuration to handle VLAN ID 30 it still doesn't work.

Regarding pinging from local PC and your suggestion around DNS - it looks like PC can get proper address related to provided name , like when I'm trying do :

ping www.wp.pl

Im gettting info :

Ping from [ 212.77.98.9 ] with ....

But no replay from host, its looks like local requests are not properly transferred to the my public ip. I assumed that dynamically created routing table should work in this case without any issues - like it is in case of C7.

I'm planning check this router with with WAN without VLAN.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1482

Replies: 2

Related Articles